cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping out briefly

NICK_GIFF
On our wavelength

Good afternoon everyone,

The past week or so my internet keeps dropping for about 10-20 seconds intermittently, both on wired and wireless, which is fairly frustrating as it is interrupting online work calls and, less importantly, online gaming as I am being constantly kicked off the servers of games such as FIFA mid-game.

Obviously this is a less than desirable state of affairs and does seem to have started happening since I saw a Virgin Media van parked on the road outside my flat last Monday, so I wonder if they've accidentally done something to my connection in the external box?

I've just set up a BQM (although its showing no results as yet) and I'm trying to post my downstream levels, upstream levels, and Network log but it keeps saying 'Please correct the highlighted errors and try again' when I try to post them - but no errors are highlighted.

11 REPLIES 11

NICK_GIFF
On our wavelength

Hi Beth,

Unfortunately your link just takes me to the Help page and when I log in to My Virgin Media account it doesn't show any upcoming appointments. I have sent you a pm regarding this.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, 

Just to update the public thread - we've found that there is currently an ongoing SNR fault in the area which will be causing issues with the broadband service.

The estimated fix date for the fault is the 21st April. Fault reference: F009765449

Kind regards

Beth