Menu
AdrianWH
Joining in
Message 61 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting

Hello, i started to have similar problems.... 

It started by only disconnecting me from the internet ... but yesterday (4th Sep) about 19:30 internet (ethermet and wireless) just went down and the hub kept rebooting. After i logged on the hubs configuration page, at the device status it said internet: access denied.

I have chabged from router mode to modem and internet seems to be working , however if i switch back to router mode it wont connect to the internet :/

Any help or diagnosis would be helpful.

Many thanks,

Adrian.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AdrianWH
Joining in
Message 62 of 79
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE:
It seems to be working fine now.
Steps that I took in trying to fix the issue:
- Factory reset the HUB
- Switch from Router mode to Modem mode and left it for 1 hour +
- Switched back to Router mode.

Now I am not 100% sure if my HUB is working because of what I did or if VM team fixed the issue ( in my area).
0 Kudos
LoganLisa
Settling in
Message 63 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi. My internet keeps disconnecting also.

It has been happening for a couple of weeks now and I'm getting fed up with it.

It was down on Thursday night for 5 hours due to a major problem in my area. but still getting it cutting out 6- 7 times a day if not more.

ive done the service check. no known issues. Switched it off and back on again. Its still doing it. I'm Paying for speeds up to 200mbps

Just done a speed test and its come back with Download 46.9  Upload 8,38 Ping 34 (On WiFi)

Can anyone advise Please?

0 Kudos
jw1949
On our wavelength
Message 64 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Jen

Apologies for the delay.  Having been on holiday until 20th, I managed to install the new hub yesterday - Saturday 22nd September.  Very straightforward process, thank you, all working just fine at the moment.

Regards

Jack

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 65 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Ah that's good to hear, hope you had a good vacation Smiley Happy Thanks for the update. Should you have any further issues/queries just post on here and we'll get back to you.

All the best,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Arturjonski
Tuning in
Message 66 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Im experiencing same problems.

Yesterday again no internet at all from 7pm till morning..when you log into router it was saying 'acces denied' It been like that for over month..Visit of engineer twice made no difference..Both times they came at the broadband was working fine,was on.

But again next day same situation..connection dissapears for hours.

My neighbour who is with vm too is facing same problem too..

Another neighbour who is Not with vm has no problem at all..

So definietly its vm fault

I expect proffesional solution because virgin got no clue whats going on..hundreds of customers having same problem.. and nothing its sorted since months..is it hub fault..is id circut problems?

Half of time i have no internet but u expect me to pay bill every month..for what?..i cant watch netflix when im back from work..cant play online..

Im in the point where im gonna cancel the contract caused by default of VM.

And go to same provider as my 2nd neighbour.

Im not paying anymore for few hours of internet per day..

Pls sort this asap.

Sorry but its last chance vm.

0 Kudos
CAPITANSALAMI
Settling in
Message 67 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps disconnecting for hours from 1st day of installation. Today from 13:50 and is not back. Only two days since installation and problems already. Not happy at all!

0 Kudos
Arturjonski
Tuning in
Message 68 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Joke..i think vm knows whats causing problems..but they cant say because of some reasons..why? Maybe it would cause costs for them..im really tired..if that was only wifi problem i would be able to buy my own router and forget ab it..but im losing internet even from ethernet cable..everything crashes..

0 Kudos
Aloneri
Joining in
Message 69 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm also having the same intermittent disconnect issues, it's fine for large periods of time, then there are disconnects. The router shows a white bar only which signifies that everything is ok, but I get no connection for a few minutes then everything comes back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 70 of 79
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aloneri, 

We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing this intermittent issue. Have you been experiencing this over WiFi or are you having the issue via an Ethernet connection as well?

We look forward to hearing from you,

Louis

0 Kudos