cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues

Damomc
Joining in

Hi there, me and my partner have recently moved to virgin as I need better WiFi for my job as I work from home, we had the box installed 2 days ago from a great technician but sadly as he could not run the cable under the floor so be gave us the option of putting the cable through the wall into our kitchen for now and it was all fine till the engender left and we tested the internet upstairs where I work and I can not move rooms as we live with others and we are only receiving 4mbps download so we were wondering as the technician said he would send someone back out to fit the wires properly but we have had no contact yet if we could get some help on here or to see if it would be possible the we could have the router installed upstairs instead as I feel we will have to sadly move to another company as it will start to cause problems with my working life, many thanks damon 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As your a new installation it should be possible to move the termination point upstairs for free, it's normally £25.

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As your a new installation it should be possible to move the termination point upstairs for free, it's normally £25.

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

thank you ill give that a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes thanks 🙂 

Damomc
Joining in

hi i was on here a few days ago talking about how we were new customers and we were experiencing issues with our WIFI as it was put in our kitchen till a new engineer was booked for us I've called and we have not had one booked and the person I talked to refused to help with the situation.

we recently had virgin installed but due to the engineer having issues getting to the wires he had to do a temp job of putting the Kable though our kitchen for now but as the router is in the kitchen and the house has multiple steal beams going through the house the only room getting WIFI is the kitchen and living room as where our old router was where we had bad internet of 4mbps we have a better connection to that everywhere in the house and more download speeds and no drops from connection every 5 mins, we are just looking for an engineer to be booked for us so i can get back to work as I work from home and currently can not work due to not being able to connect to the internet.

any help on here would be great thanks guys 🙂

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have asked VM to comment.

As a temporary fix can you not just connect you laptop/pc to an ethernet cable plugged into the Hub and trailed around the house?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @Damomc thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W