cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues

Samj83
Joining in

Wrote this on your Facebook page and Sofia told me that I needed to put it on here so I have copied and pasted it.

Just phoned up for an Internet related issue, waited 10 minutes for my call to be answered, explained my issue of intermittent Internet problems that I have had since installation. Was told that it is because of how many devices I have connected. Just come over from sky Internet where I had the same amount of devices connected and no issues, tried to explain this and got put on hold mid conversation with a message saying someone would be with me in 30seconds. 15minutes later and I am still waiting. Absolutely disgusted with the service and Internet provided as it is not fit for purpose. And after 40minutes on the phone finally get through to someone else who has rebooted my hub and then hung up on me. I am so disgusted by this. Virgin Media are not fulfilling their contractual obligation. They are in breach of their own contract.

The light on my hub 3 is constantly orange, which after an Internet search shows it could be a faulty hub. Hopefully someone will get back to me 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The orange light is an oddity - I am not sure even VM know what it signifies 🙂

Firstly... Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens - do they flash/change colour?

VM's contractual obligation is clear in the T&C's - it does not cover wifi speeds (too many variables) - the only guaranteed thing is BB speeds/stability going TO the Hub and out of it on an ethernet cable connection

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Everything loses Internet connection, included ethernet connected, but nothing loses connection to the hub.

My issue isn't speed related, my issue is that the Internet stops altogether. I understand that speed varies, I understand that the more devices connected slows the speed. But this is Internet to the hub dropping completely. The only lights I have on is this orange light. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK - then lets have a look at the connection data - can you do this...

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. 

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up - do not login - just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page.

Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

Also, in the meantime... If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Samj83

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues with your internet and that your Hub has an orange light. I would like to take a look at your account to investigate this further and arrange an engineer visit if required.

I will send you over a private message now to obtain the details required, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Kind regards,

Serena