Menu
Gary9895
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Internet connection down, only installed 24 hours ago !

So, the full Virgin Media package was installed yesterday, this afternoon the hub 3 has a flashing green light and a steady green wifi light. Have called Tech and run through a couple of items with them with no success, they say an engineer will be with me Wednesday between 8 and 12. They wont budge and cant get an engineer out until then at the earliest ???

Now, this is not really on, no internet or telephone landline for 5 days after only having this installed less than 24 hours ago !

I appreciate engineers are busy but this takes the mick a bit.

Is there anyone from VM on here who can get this engineer to me sooner ?

Gary.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet connection down, only installed 24 hours ago !

VM will pick up the thread in about a week, but even if they did pick it up earlier it's unlikely they could get anyone out quicker.
0 Kudos
Gary9895
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Telephone operator 1 said it's a problem with my setup and an engineer will be out Wednesday.

I see on good old Facebook I'm not the only one in the local area with exactly the same issue so i called back again to be told this time there is a fault outside and engineers will be looking into it. 

Looks like the fault is affecting all in about a half mile radius.

0 Kudos
Gary9895
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does the service status page on the Virgin media even work ?

Having now been advised there is an issue in my area the status page shows all is fine ? What's the point in that ? May as well not be there?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Gary9895 wrote:

Does the service status page on the Virgin media even work ?

Having now been advised there is an issue in my area the status page shows all is fine ? What's the point in that ? May as well not be there?

Its a fine line - "Area" fault affects 1000's of users and is reported on the website.  If the fault is restricted "Locally" affecting far fewer customers, it isn't.  I guess its difficult as an Area is clearly on the affected user's account I am not sure the system is smart enough to cross link, say postcodes, within an area to identify a cluster of individual problems or a wider local fault.  I guess it ought to be - but they dont do it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Gary9895
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All fixed, back up and running, will canx the engineers visit.
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary9895

I'm really sorry to hear of the loss of service you had but great to hear that it's back up and running. If there are any further issues please let us know.

Kind regards 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos