cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Light on hub flashing GREEN

Fezz
Tuning in

Hi, after my service was started following a fault my Internet has been fine, until the last 2-3 days where the hub would randomly have no internet and the Internet icon (two arrows) is flashing green whilst the WiFi and line is constant green.  I've tried restarting multiple times and even reset hub but still nothing.

Would very appreciate any help.

Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21

lotharmat
Community elder
Flashing green usually indicates a total loss of connection to the CMTS

Have you tried a 'pinhole reset'

Unplug all ethernet cables

With the power on and the co-ax connected; press and hold the reset switch with a paperclip or sim removal tool for at least 60 seconds.

Allow 10 minutes to reboot, reset and stabilise

If the green light is still flashing then VM staff need to take a look and diagnose!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately did not work, my hub was completely fine before I went to bed and now it has done this, it did this 2 days ago randomly at like 12 am but the Internet came back then but isn't the case now.

lotharmat
Community elder
In that case - I'd call it in on 150 as a fault!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hmm.. Can you check any other connections between your co-ax feed and the Router? In other words, wherever it comes into your home, ensure all connections are good! It sounds like it tried to do a firmware update but failed and can't get a working connection.. If the router is unable to recover its self (it usually would have by now) then unfortunately, yes, you'll have to call them out!

Are there any reports of outages or problems in your area that you can check on your Virgin Media account? You could log in if you have mobile data available, it won't use up much of your data allowance!

Just to be clear though, is it the green light at the bottom or the 'internet' light that's two arrows facing each other as well as the light at the bottom? If you can, check all connections, even check the feed coming into your home outside, then power off for 30 seconds to make sure and let it sit. After a while the 'internet light' should turn off, ideally the bottom green light should start flashing. With a bit of luck your Router will recover its self! If you've already used the 'reset' button and held it in, try the method i just said first. It could just be an intermittent fault in your area, either way honestly notifying VM would be a good idea and helpful too!

But it is rather looking like its developed a random and very unlucky fault. On behalf of VM i'm sorry you have lost your service! In a world where something that was once a luxury is almost a requirement these days (the internet) it can be quite stressful, especially if heavily dependent on it!

Kind regards,

Lee

It is just the two arrows that is flashing green, the WiFi icon and very bottom light is green but not flashing. Since I have no internet I have no phone access so have had to call up on my mobile phone. It was working fine at around 5-6am but just suddenly changed.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Fezz,

If you a VM sim in your mobile then it's 150, or  0345 454 1111 which may be in with your mobile plan.

If not call freephone number 0800 052 0422

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Fezz
Tuning in

So I got onto the phone about 2 hours ago and they said that a engineer will contact me within 4 hours, I had a go trying all solutions again and found out that when I put the coaxial cable back in the lights change to my original post where only the Internet (2 arrows) would flash. Could this possibly be a cable fault or the hub?

Hi Fezz,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you don't have a internet connection and that the 2 arrows are flashing green.

I understand the Router was OK when you went to bed but off when you got up, when it happened last time it was only temporary and come back on.

Was there any issues showing on our Service Status page, if there are known issues you can sign up for text/email notification.

I have tried to locate your account to see what is going on however I wasn't able to find a account with the details we have for you, how are things Today?

Regards

Paul. 

Still the same today, although engineer had been booked for tomorrow assuming the date changed successfully. Hopefully will be all sorted tomorrow.