Menu
pikerman
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet Connection drops out

Over the last few days my internet connection suddenly drops out.   I have checked all the cables and everything seems ok.  The only way to get it back is to switch the router off and wait for it to reboot then the connection comes back. I have had the very odd occasion when this has happened but over the last five days or so it has been every day, sometimes more than once.  I have gone on to 4G on my phone to check the service status in my area but no problems are found.  Testing my equipment also according to Virgin Media finds no faults.  If I run the trouble shooter in Windows 10 it reports "Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server).  I have the Super Hub 3.  Any ideas as to what is going wrong and how to fix it? 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Connection drops out

Service status on the web will NOT show local problems, you need to phone customer services and report the fault. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
pikerman
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Connection drops out

Thanks for your reply.  I will do that.

0 Kudos