cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal wall socket

JayRSP
Joining in

Hi all, 

just ordered VM Broadband and stupidly I didn’t look for an internal wall socket (recently moved in to new house) 

I have found this which is connected to a little VM socket. Does this look like what I need? I’ve uploaded a photo of the connector under what I hope is the Internal wall socket 

DFBE8D1B-871F-4009-A8FF-D7BB46C2EEFA.jpeg

65FE4B99-368D-4CCB-B987-E49CCB8008D2.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes that’s the one. That cable connector looks like it could do with a clean up however. A good connection will make all the difference. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Eeeps
Well-informed

Yes that is what you need.

However, it looks like someone has partially painted over the socket.

Carefully remove the two screws to the cover and lift the isolator block away so you can get access to it.
Remove the bulk of the paint with a knife and then use a plastic kitchen scourer (moistened with a little water) to remove the rest.

Whilst you are at it make sure the cable connection to the other side of the isolator is in good condition and tight (screw fit)

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JayRSP,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to both our community and Virgin Media, as rightfully advise by Adduxi and Eeeps the socket is indeed correct, you can find out more around setting up your Equipment once received here?

Regards

Paul.