Menu
Highlighted
fullerlee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent connectivity

Hi,

I've been getting intermittent connection drops over the last couple of days (purple light goes to white, then gradually goes through the process of light changes eventually back to purple).

Logs etc below.

Can anyone offer any recommendations please?  If it matters, I'm plugged directly in to the Modem via ethernet cable.  I've tried restarting the modem.

Thanks,

Lee

2018.12.06-08.50.36.png2018.12.06-08.47.34.png

2018.12.06-08.47.50.png

2018.12.06-08.48.07.png

2018.12.06-08.49.57.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intermittent connectivity

can you post the network log, noting major showing in the stats apart from your on a 16QAM, compared to a 64QAM, would be close to a week+ for the forum staff to check things over..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
fullerlee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent connectivity

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I think this has turned out to be a couple of things.  Primarily a dodgy power cable going in to the Modem was causing it to very briefly lose power.  The brief outage was causing my Router (Asus RT68U) to lose a connection, and then the Modem was refusing to renew the DHCP lease to the Router, meaning the router couldn't route out.

I switched out the Modem power cable, plugged my laptop directly in to the modem, then used my Laptop MAC address in the Router settings (so that the Router ended up with the same address that the laptop had).

It's been running solidly for a few hours now, so hopefully it's fixed.

Lee

0 Kudos