Menu
aCNDerivative
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent and slow connection plus TiVO pixelation

Hi,

I recently joined Virgin and had it installed about a week ago. Since then we have had nothing but problems. It generally worked well until it the Hub 3.0 started rebooting itself constantly at which point I rang the 150 number. The guy I spoke to on the phone said that some of our downstreams were in the red and arranged for an engineer to come out and have a look at it. 

We had the engineer round on Thursday and he made a few changes to the wiring to amend the signal. On the night he left things were working perfectly, but the day after everything seems to be going wrong.

We have a very intermittent and slow internet connection - it struggles to go past 12Mb/S when we are paying for 100Mb/S - and frequently cuts out or starts rebooting itself. Additionally, we now have lots of pixelation on the TV with an all round poor signal. I'm not sure if it's just me but it seems like using the WiFi causes the television signal to get worse.

We have an engineer booked in to have another look at things on Monday but 3 engineer visits in less than a week and a half is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent and slow connection plus TiVO pixelation

Hi aCNDerivative welcome to our community forums.

I can certainly appreciate your frustration and it is not ideal that as a new customer you're experiencing these issues at the moment. Hopefully the visit on Monday should resolve the issues for you.

Please let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent and slow connection plus TiVO pixelation

@aCNDerivative wrote:

We have a very intermittent and slow internet connection - it struggles to go past 12Mb/S when we are paying for 100Mb/S - and frequently cuts out or starts rebooting itself. Additionally, we now have lots of pixelation on the TV with an all round poor signal. I'm not sure if it's just me but it seems like using the WiFi causes the television signal to get worse.

You are absolutely right that it's the WiFi causing the TV problem. Virgin are supplying the 100Mb/s bandwidth to the Hub, but the WiFi signal is not guaranteed to be that fast because it's affected by lots of local effects that are beyond their control. And the cheap Hub that they supply is not noted for high WiFi connection speeds.  If you are able to connect the TV to the Hub with an ethernet cable, that should guarantee you a good picture. 

0 Kudos