Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Reboot & Disconnect + poor SNR, help ?

@griffin We appreciate it's not the best solution, so would usually book a tech where required via PM. However we're temporarily having to ask customers to call and speak with faults directly, due to recent Ofcom regulations and the way customers are now automatically compensated for downtime. 

Tom_F

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Tom_F wrote:

@griffinWe appreciate it's not the best solution, so would usually book a tech where required via PM. However we're temporarily having to ask customers to call and speak with faults directly, due to recent Ofcom regulations and the way customers are now automatically compensated for downtime. 

Tom_F

rules are rules and they are in place because of other rules as you state - but the OP has already called in and got absolutely nowhere - replacing the hub was a pointless exercise - the stats speak for themselves and should have been picked up on the first call to 1st line

you are now asking the OP to call in again and [likely] waste another hour as 1st line will insist on taking him through their scripts

if the system now demands the OP calls in for a tech then you should be able to point him to a dedicated number where that can be arranged without fuss and pointless diagnosis from an agent who likely has not a clue

@Tom_F @Kev_B 

Tony
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_F - Can you seek clarification from @Kev_B  on this please?

We got that announcement too but there was a later update from Kev on this.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_F wrote:

@griffinWe appreciate it's not the best solution, so would usually book a tech where required via PM. However we're temporarily having to ask customers to call and speak with faults directly, due to recent Ofcom regulations and the way customers are now automatically compensated for downtime. 

Tom_F

Tom,

Yes you have to follow Ofcom's directives, I completely understand that, but it is up to VM to implement them in an efficient manner. This has been coming for a while, so there is no excuse for not preparing for it.

I am not sure if the First Line support have got access to the CMTS diagnostic ports (personally I would not let them within a mile), so they can confirm a fault and add notes to the customer's account stating that the connection is down, i.e Hub showing up on the CMTS flaplist and all it would take is a simple algorithm to comply with Ofcom's ruling.

The Swansea Team had access to the CMTSs and customer's accounts, so applying an automatic credit linked with a Fault Reference Number should be relatively simple, after all, computer systems are at the core of your business.

VM. remind us again why you closed Swansea again.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks for the nudge. I've just had a chat with Kev who has let me know we can now book tech's again. I apologise, possibly there's been a lapse in communication because that's not what I was advised by the mod team this morning.

@docgyneco - sorry for the delay with this - I'll send a PM shortly and we'll take it from there. 

Tom_F 

griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_F wrote:

OK thanks for the nudge. I've just had a chat with Kev who has let me know we can now book tech's again. I apologise, possibly there's been a lapse in communication because that's not what I was advised by the mod team this morning.

@docgyneco- sorry for the delay with this - I'll send a PM shortly and we'll take it from there. 

Tom_F 

Glad to see common sense has entered the building.

0 Kudos