cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Fault

thesteduck
Tuning in

Hi! So I’m a fairly new customer of a couple of weeks. Had a couple of weeks great internet after the opening day shenanigans from a previous thread. 

However yesterday it went down 3 times that I noticed. And had just gone down another time. Usually 5 mins or less it goes down. It seems to be a network fault - my phone, wired and wireless connections all go, get the green lights on the front of the router (were red at one point I think).

Note: Although it does behave like a full loss of connection to the virgin network -  it also kicks all devices of wifi so I can’t even log into the router at that point. 

I just got off the phone with someone at support, she did confirm there was an intermittent problem in the area that should be fixed within 24 hours, but also took me into my routers settings and had me change my wifi bands and said that would fix the problem. I asked how, and she just said it would help with no explanation. I think it was a poor lady following a script. 

So I’m not exactly sure what’s going on? Is there a problem in my area? How will changing my wifi bands help if there is? Or is my router playing up already?

18 REPLIES 18

Thanks I will do. 

ive had a text to say there are works in the area on Monday. I wonder if it’s related?

Thank you for the response @thesteduck.

I have had a look into your account currently and there are no local faults regarding this. The issue with power levels would be regarding your hub itself and would have to be resolved by technician appointment.

Please let us know when you are ready to book this with us 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

To check in I just want to say thanks - my line has been very stable I think. Are the readings ok your side? If not what does that mean? I have only had 1 wifi error when the wifi light started flashing and kicked a couple of my devices of for a while but that’s literally it for a month I think?

also I’m hearing rumours about a hub 5 if you want to send me one to test haha 😉

Additionally doing a speed test on my phone is a bit slower today 280 instead of 350+. 

can someone check everything is in order please?

Hi thesteduck

Thanks for your post 

I have had a look and there is a bit of a signal issue on the upstream 

Can you reboot your hub please and let me know once its done 

Gareth_L

Rebooted, thanks. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @thesteduck,

Thank you for coming back to us. How has your signal been over the weekend? Has the reboot helped with the issue?

Please keep us updated and let us know if there's anything else that we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

It’s been good thanks but it’s you guys saying you’re seeing an issue on your tests?

Hi thesteduck, 

If the issues seem to be resolved for now then we can park things here and revisit things in future should you have further issue. 

The signal issues are still a little out although not overly outside of what they should be. 

If you start to have any further issues with your connection, pop back here and we can take another look at things. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team