cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Fault

thesteduck
Tuning in

Hi! So I’m a fairly new customer of a couple of weeks. Had a couple of weeks great internet after the opening day shenanigans from a previous thread. 

However yesterday it went down 3 times that I noticed. And had just gone down another time. Usually 5 mins or less it goes down. It seems to be a network fault - my phone, wired and wireless connections all go, get the green lights on the front of the router (were red at one point I think).

Note: Although it does behave like a full loss of connection to the virgin network -  it also kicks all devices of wifi so I can’t even log into the router at that point. 

I just got off the phone with someone at support, she did confirm there was an intermittent problem in the area that should be fixed within 24 hours, but also took me into my routers settings and had me change my wifi bands and said that would fix the problem. I asked how, and she just said it would help with no explanation. I think it was a poor lady following a script. 

So I’m not exactly sure what’s going on? Is there a problem in my area? How will changing my wifi bands help if there is? Or is my router playing up already?

18 REPLIES 18

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check if there are any faults in your local area by Calling Area faults on  0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi thesteduck, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've been having some issues lately. 

Whilst changing your WiFi bands will help to optimise your WiFi network, it won't help resolve any issues you're having on a wired network.

Taking a look at your Hub, it looks as though you are having a prolonged power level issue. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi thesteduck, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

As the signals levels are not optimal, it may cause further issues so once you're home from holidays, if you notice the drop outs and continued problems, we'll need to get the visit booked in for you. Just pop back here publicly and we can sort it 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your holidays. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks I will message you when I’m back.

Hey thesteduck

We are still here and ready to help 

Just wanted to let you know we haven't forgot about you 

Gareth_L

Thanks. I’m not back until tomorrow. Are the signal levels still bad from my property please? Or has it sorted itself out / been sorted out?

Hi thesteduck, 

Thanks for coming back to us here. 

The checks are still showing a prolonged signal issue. If you are happy with how the internet connection is then we can post pone the engineer visit for now but please do get in touch with us if you notice any deterioration in service. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks! Can we postpone it for now please to monitor things for the next few days / this week and then see?

obviously if I notice it start to drop then I’ll message and we can get someone out ASAP?

No problem at all @thesteduck.

Please keep us updated on this 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team