Menu
LeeJSA
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Cut Off. High Ping Response and Wifi Disabling

So last week suddenly my wifi signal from my Hub 3.0 router (uurggghh!!) completely disappeared. Which meant 50% of all my devices obviously lost internet connection! Very frustrating.

I did a couple of reboots of the router but the signal didn't return.

I then completely reset the router which meant I had to setup all my port forwards again which took absolutely ages due to the router having the slowest web interface ever. Anyway after this the wifi reappeared and all was good.

Up until today and annoyingly the same thing happened again.

I logged onto the web interface this time round to see if there was anything obvious. I went into the wireless signal area and saw that both the 5.0ghz and 2.4ghz options were disabled for some reason. I obviously hadn't done this! So switched them both back on again expecting the wifi to reappear which unfortunately it did not! I then did a reboot of the router - this had the opposite effect of what I was hoping and I lost internet connection on all my devices - even wired ones.

This left me with no choice but to reset the router AGAIN which I did which meant I had to re-enter all my port forwards again (re-inputting them at the same time as typing this!)

Wifi has returned again but since this last reset I'm finding I'm being disconnected from RDP sessions I use regularly. Also when pinging the router all responses are varying between 4ms and 100ms+  (pic below) yet pinging other devices on my network are all showing the normal <1ms response 

I'm currently running software version 9.1.1802.610 if this helps? I can't help but feel like the Hub itself is potentially faulty.

Help please....

.hub3ping.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Cut Off. High Ping Response and Wifi Disabling

Hi LeeJSA,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post. I'm really sorry that you've been experiencing issues with your hub, we can certainly look to resolve this for you.

In taking a look at the backend of your services, I can see that your hub is failing to fully connect and report to our systems. This could be due to either a faulty hub or an issue on the actual network.

In order to work towards restoring functionality, I'd like to arrange an engineer visit with the view to replacing your hub if that is what's required. I'll send you a private message now to clear account security, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You really need to use modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports or it will just happen again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just a brief update for anyone following this thread: As we have been able to identify issues with the backend of these services, I have scheduled an engineer visit with Lee so our engineer can investigate thoroughly and complete any necessary repairs or changes.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
LeeJSA
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That will be the next step if it happens again after Virgin's visit this week. Their old router was much better than this current one!

0 Kudos