cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Connection

Kaput
Tuning in

For the past couple of months now our connection keeps dropping randomly. Usually later at night around 9-10pm but can happen at any time.

Tried rebooting everything multiple times with no improvement and so far 2 talks to support have resulting in the first one having us unplug everything and reboot and the second one just wants us to monitor the connection and call back if still broken.

Everytime it drops the router log has things like this:

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

When its not being up and down like a yoyo the connection is fine and goes full speed no issues but when it starts this crap its a waste of time trying to do anything online.

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When it next happens, call 150 or 0800 561 0061 and they will tell you if there are any local problems. The time you said is often when VM start overnight maintenance.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kaput

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you are having intermittent issues with your connection. I have taken a look at your account and after running through some checks, I can see there is an ongoing connectivity issue and a technician is required. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and get the visit booked for you 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the details as requested via PM @Kaput

I have arranged the first available appointment for you now. You can find confirmation of this via your online account and should you find the time and date unsuitable, feel free to re-schedule here. 

Let us know how the visit goes. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Many thanks, hopefully this will get things fixed up.

It's my pleasure @Kaput

The technician will be able to get things sorted 🙂

Keep us posted. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Well, the technician was out. Said it seems to be something to do with the amp in the box (assuming he means street cabinet) and someone else would need to attend to look at that.

Now in limbo with no idea what's happening or when its going to be resolved...

Thanks for coming back to us @Kaput, I'll seek to E-Mail the area field manager to see if we can get an estimated fix date for the cabinet

I'll be in touch once I've been issued with an update

Kindest regards,

David_Bn