Menu
richardpeace
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Broadband Disconnections

Hi,

I am posting on the forum as a last resort as Virgin Media have so far been unable to solve the problems I am experiencing.

I have been a Virgin Media customer for many years, and my services operate mostly without problem, or when a problem has occurred it has been fixed reasonably promptly.

I have been suffering intermittent connection issues since approx. August 2018.  There seems to be no pattern to the timing of these, however they are almost always a drop of c 15 mins.  I know this because my security alarm reports to me on the log when there is a disconnection.  A fault with my security system has long been ruled out.

When I lose service it is on both wired and wireless.

I have had technicians come out to my house previously, acknowledge and recognise the issue, and conclude it is some kind of fault within the network.  They tested my router and all wiring within and outside my property and all was found to be ok.  They were able to correlate when I lost connection with a build up of signal / noise ratio on the network.  However when the fault was passed onto the network team by them, they have concluded there is no fault.

Late 2018 in desperation I contacted the retentions team and they put me through to someone in their technical department who seemed to understand and appreciate the fault and its potential causes.  He asked me to be patient and even though I had been told it wasn't a problem with my equipment that perhaps a new router could solve the problem, If not, I was told further tests and work could then be done.

The new router has been installed for a month and the problem has not been resolved.

I rang again today but have been told it was not possible to speak again to they guy who had started to help me on this, and who suggested the new router.  Another service agent today has looked into the problem and believes that sending a technician to my house tomorrow to investigate will be able to resolve this.

I have agreed but I fear we are going back around another loop that wont solve this.

Does anyone have a similar experience to this and how it was resolved?  My feeling is that Virgin Media should assign someone  on the technical side to own the issue until it is resolved, implementing a logical series of steps that will get to the root of the problem and solve this.  Does anyone know how I might achieved that?

Yours in desperation .....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Broadband Disconnections

A VM person will respond to your post here - but they can take up to a week or so to get to you.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jamste1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Broadband Disconnections

yep

I can actually remember the last time I didn't have a day of no disconnects...its something we kind of got used too, but now frustration is really coming in.

I think we have had about 10+ engineer visits, new routers etc etc

0 Kudos