cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent wifi pod

RichardJ3
Joining in

I contacted technical support way back in February as the wifi upstairs (in 2 rooms in particular) was weak and occasionally drops out.  I was told an intelligent Wi-Fi pod would sort this, but none were available.  I signed up for email notification for when they were back available, but have heard nothing.

Asked the question via Twitter on numerous occasions since then and was finally told yesterday that they were back, but I had to phone up.

There lies the problem - I don't want to phone up as I haven't got several hours to go through all the various menus to try to speak to a person. I don't need test signals sent - we already know what the issue is, all I want is to be able (after 6 months!) to have someone send me an I intelligent Wi-Fi pod.

Is there an easy way to do this?

4 REPLIES 4

stabilo00
Fibre optic
Unless you are getting it for free it would be better and cheaper in the long run to buy your own mesh system. Google Deco mesh systems as an example.

When I spoke with Virgin Media back in February, they said it would be free, just that they didn't have any.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A Pod is free for customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages. Otherwise it is £5/month.

They are in short supply ATM and there is a "waiting list". If you want a pod call in and get on the waiting list. Or get your own equipment from Amazon next day.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RichardJ3.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're awaiting our Wi-Fi pods, I appreciate the delay is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, are you signed up to the register your interest list here? As soon as we have pods available for you, we'll email you directly. 

As helpfully advised by @jbrennand, Wi-Fi pods are charged at an additional £5 a month unless you're a 1GB / Ultimate Oomph package. 

Please get back to us and let us know how things are since posting. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide