Menu
apadley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intel AC3100 and Superhub 3

Does anyone else have one of these chipsets and find they can't connect to the Superhub 3. After a bit of experimentation, I found that disabline the Intel 802.11 n/ac mode gets it to work (via device manager -> network devices -> advanced tab).

I'm wondering if my wi-fi adapter is faulty or if this is a known problem? I have the latest driver from Intel and my other machines connect to the SuperHub 3 fine.

0 Kudos
StormW4tch3r
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intel AC3100 and Superhub 3

Do you mean ASUS one as i can't find an Intel one? also have you tried splitting the 2.4 and 5GHz network?

0 Kudos
apadley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intel AC3100 and Superhub 3

It's actually an Intel AC-3168 wifi chipset found as part of the Intel N4000 processor line.

The chipset shows up under 'Devices' in Windows 10 as a 'Network Adapter'.

For some reason, the 5Ghz band won't connect to the Superhub 3 - it shows as 'connected but no internet access'. If I disable the 5GHz band on Windows 10 (one of options in 'devices') and only go through 2.4GHz, it connects to the SuperHub 3 and works fine.

All my other 802.11ac products work with Superhub 5Ghz - just not this one. Obviously, at 2.4Ghz, I won't get the performance I would expect with 802.11ac.

I have now put a solution in place - put the superhub in modem mode and connect a proper router with 802.11ac the above PC now connects fine with no issues.

0 Kudos