cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulator Cable not fitting in box on wall

IMRobertson1944
Tuning in

Got the quickfire kit, but the insulator cBle will not fit, do I need an engineer to look at the box

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mpmc
Superfast

Someone from VM will answer in a few days (up to a week or more sometimes - they're very busy on here). But if you can provide a picture of what you do have, please do. Other members on here may be able to assist.

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

mpmc
Superfast

Someone from VM will answer in a few days (up to a week or more sometimes - they're very busy on here). But if you can provide a picture of what you do have, please do. Other members on here may be able to assist.

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

• Box has been on wall for 2 years plus
  • Insulator cable just falls out when trying to connect it

20220624_063624.jpg

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Take off the cover and check the cable is secure and not loose on the wall.  You should be able to push the cable onto the screw fitting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi IMRobertson1944,

Welcome and thank you for posting 🙂 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with the installation of your quickstart kit. 

Can we please just check if you have been able to follow Adduxi's advised in order to get this connected? 

If not, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

It's now fixed, engineer fixed the problem  it was an old connector

Hi IMRobertson1944 - thanks for coming back to the thread with the update. I am glad everything is fixed for you 🙂 is there anything else we can help with?

If not, have a wonderful day and drop us a post on here should you ever need us.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill