Menu
StaaN
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installing broadband issues (NEED URGENT HELP!!!)

Hello,

Background:

I've had virgin media internet connected 2 years ago and switched to sky. Decided to give Virgin Media a go again and I've installed my Virgin broadband HUB 2 days ago. Below are images of how it looks like. 

Actions

I phoned Virgin Media customer service after being on hold for an hour and got through. The gentlemen explained that he will activate the internet and that I need to restart my hub. It will take 2 hours to fix and then he will give me a call back after 2 hours to see if the issue is resolved.

Keep in mind he was well aware that i was on hold for an hour on two different phones on two different lines... The issue wasn't resolved. He didn't Call back. 

Great Service! 👍 (This is what happens when an industry is monopolized)

Setup:

cables 1.jpgEthernet Cable in Port one connected to my pc + Power supply plugged incables 2.jpgThe virgin broadband line cable coming through the wall to attach on the routerMonitor.jpgRecognizing internet but not allowing to connectwifi box.jpgFlashing green line on HUB

Problems:

Broadband Connectivity

Internet not connected even though I have set it up, followed instructions and rang customer services where Virgin promised to activate it. 

Customer Service

Failure to communicate with me and leaving me confused with me what is going on.

1. ) Is there a problem with broadband line?

2. ) Do I just need to wait a few days and be patient for the hub to activate as it goes through authorization? 

3. ) Is there a problem with the setup?

I have no idea since the communication is either Hold music on Virgin Media or a customer service representative blatantly lying to me to save himself from having a true conversation or doing some actual work. 

Conclusion:

If I can't communicate with a Virgin Media representative who can explain to me with what is going on (previous team member lied to me about calling back, fixing issue and failed to explain anything with what is going on) I will have to cancel my services within the 14 day cancel period. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installing broadband issues (NEED URGENT HELP!!!)

Follow the white cable back to make sure its actually connected to the isolator, a solid green light with no flashing arrows means no signal on the cable

0 Kudos
StaaN
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

its not a solid green light. 

Its a flashing green light.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When a Quickstart installation doesn't work call VM to get a technician round (at no cost). He'll also fit a new socket if there isn't one.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ring and check its activated - yes i know you have already but i dont think it is - i thought it was to an automatic system these days - there should have been a number with the hub - as to 2 hours and i will ring back - thats BS - it got him off the line and you thinking it would happen

also check as said above that the cable going through the wall is connected to the VM inlet box

Tony
0 Kudos
StaaN
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for trusting a Virgin employee 😀

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi StaaN.

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome to Virgin Media.

I am sorry to hear your first experience isn't the best, have your services now been activated or are you still getting the green light on the router?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos