cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing VM on private road

Kierannield
Joining in

Have just purchased a property on a private road. The adjoining road has a virgin fibre supply but the private road does not. Possibility for 8 extra connections down the private road. How do I go about getting a virgin connection 

18 REPLIES 18

Hi jtcrow, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community and even better that you are wanting Virgin Media services. 

I am happy to find out if there are any current plans in the making for you however just to be upfront, private roads tend to lead to issues as we would need wayleave permission from each and every house on the private road. As well as this, these tend to come in over budget. 

To forward this over to the teams, I will need your full address so I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi jtcrow,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly via private message. 

I have forwarded the address over to our lightning teams now to see if there are any plans. 

Once I get a reply from the team I will let you know, good or bad. Just to set expectations, as per my private message I have some time off for the holiday period so it will likely be January 2nd I come back to you. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi jtcrow, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the teams on this. 

They have come back today to advise: 'I have looked into this address and there are no plans at this time.'

I know this isn't the news you'd be hoping for however make sure you register your address with us here, if you haven't already. Once registered the team can get some plans on the go to come to your area 🙂

Take care and apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

stam11
Joining in

Hi, 

I live on a private road with gravel surface. Virgin are literally installing cable surfacing on the adjacent main road this week, not longer than 100 metres away from the road! 

We are a road of 6 houses with very slow internet speeds and would very much appreciate upgrading. The owner of the road lives in one of the 6 houses and is happy to upgrade. 

Is there any chance of getting them to come down the private road as well?

Many thanks 

Stam B

MS

Given my experience, VM will find any excuse to not bother with private roads. 

We were told:

- We only have budget to dig up to 25m and your house is 30 m from the box. I offered to pay for the remainder of the pipe, but that's something VM don't do. 

- Then I was told that there are only 10 houses on this road and two of them were already being served due to being corner plots. So it did not warrant them to spend the money on digging a trench for potentially 8 houses. 

- They also asked me to get a form of letter of intent from other neighbours stating that they would be happy to switch to VM, if it was available. Although this was verbal, I did manage to get all the house plus another street (off ours) to agree on switching to VM. But this was also not lucrative enough. 

We now as group have all signed up o TOOB https://www.toob.co.uk/ so let's see when they become available. 

Please do not waste your time as I have on VM, despite the fact that I was a long standing customer.

MS

Hello stam11.

Thanks for your post and welcome to our Community.

I can certainly take some details and ask if we have any plans to install cable to the avenue.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello, I am trying to get Virgin to my property which is on a private road, but faces a main road which has virgin, my next door neighbour has virgin. I would like to know what I need to do to get virgin to my property please

Hi Helen91EPR 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you with big virtual arms onto our community forums 😊.

Please can you give us a call on 👉🏼 0800 183 1234. Our team will be able to check if Virgin Media can be supplied to your property. 

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide