cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer drilled through heating pipe

Dolph406
Joining in

Installer drilled through my central heating pipe yesterday while drilling through a wall. He made phone calls and said a rapid response team were on their way to fix the issue but they didn't turn up. Iv been trying to sort it out on the phone with virgin but I'm just getting passed about the department's and nothing is being resolved. Can anyone help? It's below 0ºc and I have kids and no hot water or heating 

16 REPLIES 16

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Get a plumber in and bill VM.  Totally their fault as installer should have checked for pipes. Bill them for other repairs too - carpet etc.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Looks like it's the only way I'm going to get it fixed. 

Finally spoke to somebody and all they have said to me is fill in a complaints form..... I'm unimpressed to say the least 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I'm not surprised because the phone support is useless. Or worse. 

You'll probably have to pay the plumber yourself and bill VM for it.  But they will have to pay as it's entirely their fault. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Dolph406

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your install. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can check the complaint has been raised & follow this up with the area Field manager. 

Keep an eye out on the purple envelope on the top right of the screen. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Thanks but i dealt with the problem myself. Had no option but to call a plumber out myself. Cost over £200 and iv still got to get the wall replastered and paint yet as its a private owned house that I rent. Do you know how I go about claiming this money back ? Is there a department I need to speak to?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Hopefully @Zak_M will advise you on this by PM.  Make sure you take photos of the damage, and copies/notes of what was said.

- jpeg1

Dolph406
Joining in

Still not fully resolved 🙄

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm very sorry to hear this @Dolph406

I can see you were chatting with Zak over PM regarding this, have you had any updates since Zak reached out to the Field Team? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello. 

Ive not spoken to anybody since the 15th December