cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

BenjaminLil
Just joined

I’m waiting on some work that virgin are going to carry out in front of my property, they have to do some digging, I’m ever so slightly worried that they will dig the drive way up, is there a possibility that this will be the only way to get the work done to receive internet 

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The work is done by sub-contractors and they will run the cable to your house in the way they think at the time.

Sometimes it will be buried or sometimes in a green conduit laid on the surface.  If you have particular concerns about the way they install it you need to be there at the time and discuss with them.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BenjaminLil, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're needing some work done before we can install you. 

As mentioned by jpeg1 above, the best thing to do would be to ensure someone is there when they come to do the work. You can discuss with them the route they are looking to take and if you have any concerns, you can chat about them there. The teams are great at trying to accommodate your requests however there are occasions where only one way is possible. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs