Menu
Kayleyb
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installation

So on the 4th May I told virgin that I was moving house which they said was fine and they'd be a moving fee of £20 which shocked me as usually military families get this for free but still had to pay the price. Anyway.. I was getting text messages with work updates.. Fine! Come the 8th of June the day before installation day they told me they weren't coming out because there's a blockage they need to fix (which was simple to fix as the customer service guy said) and that they will be out on the 21st.. I'm sorry but this is disgusting and absolutely no help from the customer service team.. I have two young children who can't watch telly or have the WiFi to play their games. I also work from home which I can't physically do at the moment due to your mess ups! I'm paying for a service I'm not getting I also have next to no data on my mobile. Im considering leaving this is the second time I've been with virgin, sky were fantastic! Maybe I should turn back. Worst mistake going back with virgin. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

This is one of VM's problems. Nearly all installs are possible with no issues - but a small % can't happen on the day because they often find that the duct where they run the cable is "blocked" - which of course they never check beforehand and just say "yes no probs, we will do in on such a day'.

This sometimes means they have to apply to the council to dig up the street/road to unblock it - and permission to do that comes at the rate that you local council dictates. When it comes, they have to organise a third party contractor to do the digging. When that's done they have to schedule their cable pull teams. Then schedule the install team.

All these shenanigans can add weeks or even months onto an install as much of it is out of their hands. They sometimes provide you with a free 4G data SIM to tide you over in this situation - that's one avenue you should perhaps discuss with the VM person when they respond on here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Kayleyb
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well I hope they sort it soon and I'm especially not waiting months for them to sort this problem out! I mean there are people who have VM on my street, they've had over a month to come to the new house to sort out any problems but then tell me a day before I move in that they can't do it 🤷🏼‍♀️ terrible! I've got a sim which I don't use because I don't have a phone to use it in. You'd think they'd be more apologetic but they aren't, poor customer service! 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kayleyb,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your services haven't been installed in your new property when advised and that you haven't had any updates.

I have located your account and see that there is a technician booked for your install, to check this please log into your online account under Help, my appointments.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Kayleyb
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes on the 21st when it was originally meant to be on the 9th and all outside work was meant to be done before the 9th yet they cancelled on me pretty much on the day the installation was supposed to happen. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but they don't actually try and install the cable until the day before the installation and assume there's no problems. So where there are problems, they go "Oops, can't install".

Like has been said already, the date on the 21st may, or may not happen depending on what other teams find. You can only hope. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If there is "digging" involved, then it depends when your local council issued the permission - most councils publish the dates on their websites when the street/road "digging-up" permits are valid from-to. So that neighbours are informed and can plan for the disruption. Worth seeing if your council is showing anything on their site at your location.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos