Menu
wesleymcgee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation

Hi I am getting tv, phone and broadband installed in just over a weeks time and have phoned up to inform virgin that the cable coming to the property has been cut/removed but I am just getting told the house is connected already so what will happen when they come to install and it’s like this (attached picture) thanks Wesley. 778ADE18-728A-49FA-883E-C1D8CF42D296.jpegCable been cut outside/no other cable beyond this going to properly

0 Kudos
wesleymcgee
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

F4A4D0FF-2E6F-4841-85C5-0ED1D8EA6FB9.jpeg

0 Kudos
EightBall
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That looks like it can be repaired. You're getting a manned installation I hope?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

they can extend the cable and protect the joints in a gell box - not a lot to play with so it might not be possible in which case you would need a repull - hopefully the tech will try to use what is there as the start point

if the cable comes sideways under the pointing rather than under the path you have a better chance - worth having a look and see if you can get more cable above ground - that would make any repair much easier

Tony
0 Kudos
wesleymcgee
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes i spoken to pre installations and they’ve changed the date to 2 weeks time so it will be a 2 man install. 

0 Kudos
wesleymcgee
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The cable is right down the hole going into a green pipe so I can’t get anymore cable than what you can see on picture thanks for your reply’s really appreciated thanks. 

0 Kudos