cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

Mattc213
Tuning in

How long should I be waiting for until I chase the installation team to re-pull the line?

My neighbours mother allowed the engineer to daisy-chain off next doors line. 

Her son, property owner is not very happy and is claiming that his internet has been compromised etc

I’ve searched on the forums and can see similar customers quoting the same issue, but it’s been over a month and I’ve not had a response to requests to book in a reinstall to fix the problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is often done as a temporary measure. It will not “compromise” your neighbours connection. VM would not have installed it without checking out the signal levels. In any case all the cables are effectively joined together at the street box. The reason for the delay should be explained by VM, but often it’s a blocked cable duct and they need to get permission from the local council to dig up pavement/highway. Local councils seem to move at a slow pace, to put it mildly. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is often done as a temporary measure. It will not “compromise” your neighbours connection. VM would not have installed it without checking out the signal levels. In any case all the cables are effectively joined together at the street box. The reason for the delay should be explained by VM, but often it’s a blocked cable duct and they need to get permission from the local council to dig up pavement/highway. Local councils seem to move at a slow pace, to put it mildly. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mattc213

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the confusion and concern regarding the wiring. As Tudor has advised it'll not have any impact on the neighbours connection though I fully appreciate their concern. 

I've today emailed the field manager for your area outlining these concerns so when I hear back from them I shall let you know 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John/team!

We have had a cable installed however they have still not disconnected the cable running from next door

can you advise ?

Hi @Mattc213

Can you advise further on the cable? Is it not being used?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi when we signed up, the install was piggy backed to next door. 
We have had a visit to pull a new line from the road up the driveway into our VM external box. 
When they had completed their work they said that the new line will need to be connected, until this happens we will still be connected via next door, but that an engineer will be along to connect the cable at which point the piggy back onto next door would be removed. 
I’m not aware that our new cable has been connected or if this second visit has been booked yet?

any update would be welcome

Hi Mattc213,

I've popped the area manager over an email with the updates so we can take a look at this.

Will let you know when I have an update 🙂

Alex_Rm

Hi Mattc213,

Good news, this has been booked in 🙂

You can check this via your online account here

Alex_Rm 

Thanks Alex

Although there is nothing showing as booked in on my orders or appointments section on the website?

Hi Mattc213, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. It can take 24 hours for things to update on your online account. 

Were you able to view the details of your appointment? If not, pop back and let us know and we can pass data protection with you and let you know the details 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs