cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

Dcunni89
Joining in

Does anyone know what I can do regarding my installation? Moved property on the 12 October. Told virgin that and they said install day was going to be 27th Oct. it’s now 8th dec and still nothing, the date has changed 4 times since October it’s useless talking to someone on the phone they’ve not a clue what’s going on!! I’ve been with virgin years and this is the first issue I’ve had, me and my partner both do work from home and we also have kids that need the services for homework and tv, we’ve lost money and the stress is unbearable now, we aren’t going to have any tv or internet before Christmas at this rate, it’s pathetic and needs sorting ASAP they’ve had a month and half to do it! Not only that we pay a lot for the services they provide and can’t even use it! 

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Same query from yesterday from someone else

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

Are you still in a contract with VM and have to stay (or pay EDF) or can you leave?

Hi, still in a contract, they’ve given a new date of 20th for the pull and 27th for install, I’m not happy with that. Christmas without tv and I know for a fact it will change again. They’ve told me I can’t cancel my contract if they don’t install then as id have to pay the remainder of it, I want to speak to an area manager it’s a joke, it’s going to 2 months before it’s done at the earliest, how can they expect us to go through Christmas with not tv and internet 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Dcunni89 wrote:

Hi, still in a contract, they’ve given a new date of 20th for the pull and 27th for install, I’m not happy with that. Christmas without tv and I know for a fact it will change again. They’ve told me I can’t cancel my contract if they don’t install then as id have to pay the remainder of it, I want to speak to an area manager it’s a joke, it’s going to 2 months before it’s done at the earliest, how can they expect us to go through Christmas with not tv and internet 

Unfortunately, once an installation has been delayed in this way, you will get no straight or reliable answers from VM. VM's internal communications/processes and relationships with their sub-contractors seem to be so chaotic that events seem to unfold in a completely random fashion. This largely seems to be as a result of automated systems generating new dates for installation activities but with no reference to other parts of the required work sequence. As such, past topics have mentioned on numerous occasions VM tech's turning up to install equipment when there is no cable in place or multiple no-show appointments or tech's turning up at a property with no idea why they have been sent there.

In the meantime, have a look through the many past topics on here about getting some temporary provision while you wait (it has been mentioned that VM have provided a mobile data dongle in some cases) and other suggestions are described on past topics.

Work out your EDF (capped at £240)

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

and see if you want to cut your losses and move elsewhere.

If you stay with VM you should be compensated for the failed installation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

but the compensation on offer is poor relative to the hassle of having no connection and having to pay for alternatives in the meantime.

A forum team member will reply here in a day or two. They will offer to contact an 'area manager'. That may or may not result in something happening (most likely nothing, for all the reasons mentioned in paragraph 1)!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

EDIT:  goslow beat me to it 😎

I believe in some similar cases they can offer a 4G "dongle" to get connectivity. Check that when a VM person replies to you on here soon. Not sure that will sort the VM TV connectivity issue though.

TBH... VM's installation process is an omnishamles when things aren't straight forward - it will happen when it happens as its in the hands of several 3d party "contractors" who never communicate with each other it seems.  Or with VM for that matter !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dcunni89, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about the issues and delay with your installation, I appreciate this will be far from ideal and huge cause of frustration. 

Although I can't guarantee we can get this resolved for you any faster as there may be factors beyond our direct control - I'd like to ensure that your concerns are logged formally and are raised with the relevant teams who are best placed to support you get things sorted asap.

Please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope icon) and we'll take it from there.

Tom