cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

Apadhiar
Tuning in

I was suppose to be connected on the 16th July Friday, but the engineer said I have no wire to my house. 

He told me to contact customer service to get a different engineer out to put a cable in. The messaged me saying they will do this on 5th August which is 3-4 weeks away I have no internet or phone line in my home.

This is absolutely ridiculous how can I be disconnected for nearly a month. I called them and all they said was there is nothing we can do. I have kids and I own my iqn business and work from home but how can I make a living if I have no internet in my home. I cannot work anywhere else. This is disgusting we do not live in an age where we are disconnected from internet or landline. This is going to lose me lots of business and how am i suppose to pay a bill if I have no income as there is no way of me getting on the internet at home.

I also have kids and half term is coming they will be at home with no entertainment.

Someone help!

12 REPLIES 12

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is always a risk moving to a network that is totally separate as infrastructure issues can occur. If you have an existing provider it is worth overlapping services as several third parties have to get involved solving the issue.

It is also worth pointing out that Virgin Media is a Residential service. There are no SLAs for resolving faults or equipment issues. In fact it is against the T & Cs to use it for business use as per section D para 8:

119330EF-6C99-46E7-9257-EC10A8929810.jpeg
If you want a business class service these are provided by Virgin Business:

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Business use - u have bad mobile phone reception need to use wifi calling for a stronger signal - has nothing to do with business contract! 

Also been told by the engineer that came to my house also by someone on their customer service team that said they should have sent out someone a day or two before to check all the necessary wires are in place... which they failed to do. Tv with virgin media so no tv aswell as internet and landline.

Was told to use mobile hotspot by another customer service member but how can 1 phone hotspot 3 tvs 6 phones and an xbox?

It looks as if a cable has to be pulled to your home from the cabinet, and it always takes time to schedule as this requires a 2-man team and they have plenty of jobs to do.

In the meantime I suggest you buy a MiFi router to provide a WiFi hotspot, and some routers also have Ethernet ports. You'll need a data-only SIM card for a month and all the mobile operators sell them.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yes thats what they said I need a cable pull. But being without any services for 3 to 4 weeks is not right. They have not even provided me with a portable hotspot router

There are no freebies to get you out of trouble. Only BT provides a 4G Mini hub when broadband goes down, and that's for its Halo customers who have to pay extra each month.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi @Apadhiar,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear your installation has been delayed due to further external work needing to be done. I can understand this is not ideal when working from home and with kids. We want to do our best to help.

I have been able to access your account using forum details. I can see you recently spoke to our team regarding this. Was the issue fully resolved with our team? Do you require any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I still do need help, I was told that there was a team coming yesterday to put the new cable in from the junction box I waited tilll today to see if they come but again no one came.

Could you please help.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Apadhiar

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to private message you to confirm some details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs