Menu
lmh2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Installation woes

Hello

I signed up to Virgin Media back in March and still have no services due to having no cable pulled up to the house/construction issue.

I've had 3 engineer visits, 3 contract partner visits to do the pull (Keir??) and 1 construction visit to clear the duct. I waited in again yesterday afternoon on a bank holiday for the engineer to once again turn up and lift the duct to find no cable. I understand construction issues occur but I have no idea what's happening with my install now and every time I call the pre-installs team just book new appointments or text me new dates. How do I escalate my problem? I raised a complaint back in April and no one has called and the status just says we're looking into it. This is shocking customer service, I just want someone to tell me exactly what is going on so I can make an informed decision whether to cancel or wait it out.

Also has my 18 month contract begun? Am I only going to get 15/16 months of my new customer deal.. lots of questions that no-one can answer.

If anyone can help me or share their experiences of how to contact someone I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ksw1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation woes

I'm in the same boat. Been 4 months now, same lies and complete incompetence. You won't get anywhere. I'm escalating complaint to arbitration and then signing with a competitor
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your contract doesn't start until you have a fully working connection, so you can cancel at any time without charge and leave without having to wait for anything. Even if it is installed whilst you are at work/etc, you can still cancel if you prefer. Your 14 days doesn't start until the service is up and running.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @imh2000

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues getting your services installed. 

I have taken a quick look over your account and can see that you managed to speak with someone today regarding this. 

Were they able to advise you on any question that you have? If not I would be more than happy to do so.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
lmh2000
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I spoke to someone this morning after I watched Keir/Kier?? once again turn up lift the duct then park up round the corner & drive off.

I was hoping they would be able to phone the engineer and find out what was happening but they instead told me the job hadn’t been updated or closed and it was scheduled for the whole day so they might be back. They haven’t been back. 

I’ve been texted another installation date 15th June where I’m expected to wait in again so please if you can tell me exactly what is happening that would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You shouldn't be expected to wait in until the cable has actually been installed as they don't need access to your property.

You only need to be in for the internal part - the bit where they install the router.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can confirm some dates with you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
lmh2000
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just thought i'd post an update as the latest installation date of 15th June has been and gone. 

I was offered my latest installation date via the text service where i desperately tried to explain to the agent that i do not want to accept the install date until they can confirm the construction issue has been resolved as I cannot keep taking time off work to wait in for the engineer. The language and complete disregard for my situation was quite unbelievable and the appointment was forced upon me as i was assured the construction issue would be resolved.

So over the last 2 weeks i have been watching and waiting for any signs of work outside my home and sure enough KIER turned up and drove off after about 10 minutes as they have done 6-7 times before. So i phoned VM to ask where they have gone and was told they will be back as the job is scheduled for the day. They dont come back. I follow up another 2 times on separate days to confirm that the work is going to take place and both times of calling I have been assured that 'the work is scheduled for today' even when its 17:55 at the time of one of the calls. The latest call was Friday where i was told the work had been completed and 'I was ready to go'  and then the agent kindly followed up with can i interest you in a new phone handset... I honestly have never known anything like this customer service.

So i waited in yesterday afternoon for the engineer and then at 1630 i get the call, hello i'm really sorry but i have some bad news.. you have a construction issue outside your home.

I'm honestly at the end of my patience now but my complaint is 9 weeks old so i'm in contact with CISAS. What are my options to lodge my complaint with CISAS but cancel my services as i really need BB now so am looking at offers from competitors. If i cancel will this effectively let VM off the hook for this woeful customer service?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @lmh2000,

Thank you for getting back to us about this issue and for keeping us updated on your install. I'm really sorry that your install did not go ahead for the planned date yesterday. I can understand that this situation is very frustrating.

I was able to locate your account and look into this a little further. Our team is aware that your install did not go ahead as planned and they are doing their best to clear the construction issue on your property. 

Our apologies that your install has been delayed yet again and that you're unhappy with how your complaint is being handled. I can see that your complaint is still being reviewed by the dedicated team. Apologies that this is taking a while. You can read about our Complaints Code of Practice if you'd like for more information.

You can also track your complaint on your online account here.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos