Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation without permission, promised call back 3 times, still no call.

Took out a package with VM on 3rd August, with installation date of 28th August 2020.

I received a message on the 4th August at 8am stating external works needed to take place.  I replied as requested in the message that i was not okay with this works taking place without someone in attendance.  The automated messaging responded and said an engineer would call prior to the works taking place.

Within 2-3 hours, someone had attended.  Dug up our front lawn, chased through our concrete slab and mounted a box on the front elevation of the house.

VM state all engineers

- turn up on a agreed date and time - this was not agreed.

- politely explain what they are doing - no attempt or effort was made to do this.

- treat your home with respect and consideration - I don't even know where to start with this one!

- check where you'd like cables to run both inside and outside your home - no attempt to discuss this was made.

I rang VM on the 4th August after the works took place.  I was promised a call back between 9-10am on the 5th August.

No call back was made.

I rang VM on the 5th August, I was promised a call back within 24-48 hours.  

No call back was made.

I rang again on 10th August, this time the operative promised he would call back within a couple of hours by the end of the day.

No call back has been made.

I am a reasonable person.  All i wanted in the first instance is to discuss/talk to someone about the works but after being made multiple promises and not one call back I am starting to get really frustrated.  

After emails, or sending it in through the online form and multiple phone calls, today I have also written a letter to the complaints in Sunderland.

They managed to get an engineer to my property without permission within 12 hours of me being  a customer.  But now i want to talk to someone, I am spending all my time just trying to get one phone call back.

Any one got any other ideas??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation without permission, promised call back 3 times, still no call.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint

Or take them to court. You could also try the criminal damage route but you'll likely have no luck with that

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah the people who lay the cable: Don't tell you when they are coming, don't tell you what they are doing, and normally do a half-ass job. 

However, the engineers always seem to: Ring first, knock at your and wait for an answer before doing anything then explain what they are going to do before doing it. 

Obviously the former are subcontractors who don't really care, whilst the later actually work for Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi lkh3004,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear that the cable has been out in a place you are not happy with and  that you haven't been able to discuss this with anyone..

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos