cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation which wire for broadband?

AWOODS869110
Joining in

Hi

I have moved into a house that previously had virgin tv and broadband.

I have ordered the quick start pack for broadband and phone. Which wire do I use? 
There is a black wire drilled through the wall from the virgin box outside. Also a white box inside with a white wire with a double connector with two wires coming from it. Please see pictures. Which wire would I use for broadband? 
Thanks In advance.

•  
  • 02B7A97D-8A89-4A7E-B9F4-15976686D5B7.jpeg

06E92C34-136D-4837-8408-998C74FDDB9B.jpeg

2CC0BBE0-BBFF-4A2F-AEB4-A8F069AB3DC3.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are sure the black cable is coming from the Omnibox on the outside wall, then use it.  If it does not work, unscrew the splitter and use the single cable end to try.   You will not damage anything trying. 

If it all fails, you will need a manned install as it could all be disconnected at the street cabinet.

It's interesting that not one of those cable ends are terminated with a cap, as if they are live, that's a sure way to introduce electrical noise into the whole street circuit ....  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are sure the black cable is coming from the Omnibox on the outside wall, then use it.  If it does not work, unscrew the splitter and use the single cable end to try.   You will not damage anything trying. 

If it all fails, you will need a manned install as it could all be disconnected at the street cabinet.

It's interesting that not one of those cable ends are terminated with a cap, as if they are live, that's a sure way to introduce electrical noise into the whole street circuit ....  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, yes I'm sure it comes from the box outside, so I will give it a go.

many thanks 

Hi AWOODS869110,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

How did your set up go? Do let us know if you need any further help 🙂

All the best

Beth

Hi Beth 

tye kit is coming on Thursday. So fingers crossed 

many thanks