Menu
JP81
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation team

Hi, I’m seeking some advice on installation. I’ve got a new customer broadband install due this Friday. My neighbours all have virgin boxes already on their exterior house walls but I don’t. So there will definitely be cabling required from the nearest CATV box in the pavement to the house. How do I make sure the right engineers come? I’ve tried explaining this a few times to customer services, but they seem confident I just need internal house cabling (I’ve already had an engineer out who’s confirmed I need more than that). I’m taking a day off work so don’t really want to waste the day.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation team

Have you discussed it with the Pre-installation and delivery team? on 0800 052 1734

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
JP81
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That was really helpful thank you. I didn’t know that team and number existed. They’ve changed me from a one person install to a two person install at a later date but said they can’t do anything more than that. Asked if they could do a pre-install survey but not an option. I’m still nervous that they won’t be able to work on the pavement/drive to get the cable to the the house, but more than one person sounds positive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I hope it happens for you but a good thing to do would be not to terminate your present provider too quickly just in case.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos