cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation service is an absolute joke!

andywolfy
Tuning in

I am now on my 5th install date and no closer to getting connected. Is it worth the hassle?

They have dug past my linving room and layed trunking to run the cable to the far end of the property and loop it back around the building to the living room. I told them when they marked up for the work not to put it there, but to run it straight in towards the living room. I even told them not to do any work until they had spoken to me.

They completely ignored me and did what they wanted.

I had to almost scream down the phone to get them to listen and send someone to my property, who agreed it makes more sense to put the trunking where I want it and promised it would be sorted.

They have now rescheduled twice because no-one has been to put a 6 foot length of trunking in the road!

Every time I speak to someone I am fobbed off with empty promises. It is 10 weeks since I ordered broadband and I have had nothing but hassle from Virgin Media so far. What confidence am I supposed to have that this shower of **bleep**e will be able to provide a decent broadband connection?

47 REPLIES 47

Hi @andywolfy  

Just a quick follow up.  We've reached out to the field based manager for your area to see if there's anything that can be done for you.  When I receive a response, I will get back to you.

Regards

Lee_R

Quick update @andywolfy

Our field based manager has reached out to see if we can bring the required jobs forward.  We are trying for you.  When I have more information.  I will be back in touch.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @andywolfy I am going to drop you a quick private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi all,

So after @Lee_r got involved on Monday a technician turned up on Tuesday to repull the cable.

Unfortunately there was no-one to put the missing conduit in the road. So nothing could happen.

The technician phoned me to see how I wanted the cable running in my yard and, judging by the phonecall I got today,  I guess I must have hurt his feelings.

It turns out that "because of my behaviour on the phone yesterday" they have decided that they will not be installing at my property.

So apparently VM can treat you however they like, ignore you, fob you off, cancel appointments and postpone your install without giving areas, but you are not allowed to get annoyed about it.

• So there will be just one more visit from them when she has arranged, as she agreed, to remove the conduit and cabling from within my property boundary. Can't wait!

Hi @andywolfy,

Thank you for the update. I am really sorry to hear that the visit did not go as well as expected.

When is the final visit that you've mentioned going ahead?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

@Zach_R it depends if they arrange it. I am not expecting them to sort this and remove the conduit and cabling. It is my intention to give them a date by which the conduit and cabling is to be removed from within my property boundary, which includes the road and pavement outside my property. They will then have until that date to reroute the cable and connection point for next door, which is entirely within my property boundary or contact me to disuss the matter.

If they have not removed it by the deadline I will remove it myself which will, unless it has been rerouted, disconnect next doors service.

Sufficient time will be given for VM to avoid this situation.

I've just spent 10 minutes reading this whole thread. Man what an absolute shambles. Virgin Media once again demonstrating just how disorganised they are.

Having a look at their new corporate website. https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/leadership/

There is no one there in charge of customer services? Unless I'm blind, I see no chief of customer services. Perhaps this is why Virgin Media has been awarded as the worst company for complaints?

None of the Executives seem to have any title relating to customer services? There is literally no one there to make executive decisions on customer service, but there are two separate people to make executive decisions on "Information" and one for "Technology", separately. I mean two separate execs for information technology and i bet they still have a broken Printer in the IT dept. 😄

I mean they have separate chiefs of Information, and a separate Chief of Technology, (which I find funny). Why not just have a single Chief for Information Technology and then you can have a slot left over for a Chief of Customer Services?

I see a "Chief People Officer" on the list, but apparently that if for internal people as in employees, not customers. Perhaps someone needs to inform the Chief People Officer that his people are incompetent?

I sincerely hope VM enough organisational skills to at least get your property cleared up.

And I hope they offer you compensation for the months of headache they have given you over such a mundane task that even a chimp could do. But they don't have anyone in charge of customer services so I doubt you'll get any high-quality customer service gestures of that sort.

Good luck.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

We further apologise for this experince  @andywolfy.

Just to confirm have you looked in your my VM account under the tab orders and appointments to see if this has been booked?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Akua_A no, there is no appointment scheduled for removal of the cable and conduit.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @andywolfy

Please could you let us know how you received this information that your services won't be installed? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M