Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation refund

Hi, 

I have had my new TV service setup, however, as I was previously a Virgin Media customer, 95% of the infrastructure was pre-existing. The technicians, Messa and Atif, (65198) were very helpful and honest and stated that the paid installation was not necessary. This would have been left on the notes, dated 17/4/20.

Before I provide feedback, please can you confirm that I was NOT charged and/or I am credited the installation fee for my next bill?

Kind regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation refund

Hi I'm sure the engineers meant well but they have no say in what is charged or not, virgin have set charges which apply to everyone, when i first joined i had cable coming into my place with a wall box but still had to pay for the installation. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the reply and although I appriciate it and the techs meant well, they did literally fit a splitter, replaced the TV box and press "yes" a couple of times for installlation. Would this still constitute an installation charge? Please bear in the mind all the wiring was pre-existing and it was only a splitter and box that was required.

I only ask as their service, however delightful, was possible to complete by myself; I merely wanted to save a delay in case I was wrong. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It’s not the engineers decision.

AFAIC you had engineers visit so it should be chargeable. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes. they had to pay the engineer time. At your locations and the time to travel to and from, Cost of fuel and van, insurance and hardware cost.

That all has to be paid for. The cost of all the free support and replacements has to be paid for some how and one way is with setup and activation fees

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, that makes sense and sounds fair. It was worth asking so thank you for the help! 

0 Kudos