cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation "guarantee"

JMCLEGGAN
Joining in

So I made my order for VM services and purposely selected the 21st March as thats the day I start my new job, obviously Internet at home is required to do so. The following day I recieved an email stating my date had been changed to the 23rd March. Upon calling customer service I was informed that there was external work that needed completing (this was between 9th-11th march) and these works should be completed by the weekend upon completion I could probably get my initial install date back if not soon. No problem. However it is now the 16th March an I have rang daily to check the status of the install work and if I can move the date either sooner or back to my initial date to be met with either the phone being hung up, passed around from department to department and end result being we guarantee your services will be set up as soon as possible and on my installation date, however MY installation date was the 21st. This is getting ridiculous and beyond frustrating now, as each person I speak to gives me a different excuse as to why the date has moved again an they cannot give me any update other than the work needs to be completed.

I completely understand external work is required in some instances however it would be appreciated if there was people actually doing external work, I've been in my house everyday and my work area is next to my window which over looks the road and guess what I've not seen a single VM employee/technician.

At this point I've lost all faith ill even get my services before my initial install date or my new one based on numerous stories I've read an the fact noone seems to care. I dont understand how you can change the installation date because of external work yet cannot give me an update of what the delay to said work being completed.

If this continues past my "installation date" (im sick to death of that term at this point) which they "guarantee" my services will be available by im strongly considering cancelling my services. I'd simply like a straight answer as to why the delay on these external works which I dont think is unreasonable in 2022.

3 REPLIES 3

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JMCLEGGAN

Thanks for posting on our community forum and my apologies for the inconvenience!

I'm going to drop you a private message to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Just for information, have a look at this currently running case.  There are others. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Why-does-no-one-take-responsibility-for-t...

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you will get a 99% guarantee that they will install - the reason its not 100% is that they may get to a point and say its not possible for reasons you will not be told - thats unlikely but it does happen

as to a guarantee to an actual date - well the 12th of never or next week is possible - not that they will tell you that is always tomorrow guaranteed or if not tomorrow the next day

CS have no control - sales have even less - they have taken your order and moved it to external contractors to do the external work - they will get round to it as and when and inform VM when its done - from there VM will look to book a tech to do the internal work - logically that should be the next day or a couple of days away - logic and VM are not friends and getting info will be impossible

thats the worse case - hopefully non of that will apply to you and it will all happen tomorrow [Guaranteed]

one last thing - even if you decide to go elsewhere dont cancel - let the install happen and cancel in the 14 day cooling off period - if you cancel before its installed all work will stop and if you order in the future you will be back to square one

Tony.
Sacked VIP