Menu
lewisclarkson77
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation querry

Hello

I have two V6+ plus boxes in my house one in the living room and one upstairs. I wanted the 2nd box to be in my back bedroom, as my virgin ports are at the front of the house the installation guy said this would not be possible. He also said this would be illegal as I live on a new estate and that this is forbidden my the estate agent. I have spoken to the estate agent persimmon and they have said this is totally incorrect

can you please advise of I can have the box at the opposite side of my house to where the port is. is it possible to install a new port on the other side of the house??

personally I think the installer was a big lazy and fancied an early finish from work on the day he came to my house

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation querry

you can certainly have the cabling put where you want, but remember it will involve drilling holes to get to that point.
0 Kudos
lewisclarkson77
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi will they run a wire outside and drill a hole through the wall? this is the upsrsirs back bedroom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi lewisclarkson77,

Sounds like you have a similar set up to me at home.

A wire runs down my passage and across the back of the house into my back bedroom and then the tech and ran the coax cable along the skirting board and over the door frame fit into the back of the V6 box which sits on the opposite side of the room. He did a tidy job!

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There are some councils that have banned any visible external wiring from new build properties, so I would take care that this is not the case before you allow any to take place.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos