cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation put on hold!

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

Just been told my installation due on 9th Jan has been put on hold. They couldn't give any reason but mentioned the cabling work could not be done. Nobody seems to have a straight answer.

They were here for a survey last week with a further appointment booked for today so really can't understand what has happened. Can the Forum team help?

15 REPLIES 15

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

This really has not helped. I have been told a complaint has been escalated and the team will contact me within 5 working days which is horrible customer service.

I have been calling the pre-install team each day this week and each day I get someone different in a different part of the world. The problem is 90% of those in pre-install do not know what they are doing as the notes on the system are awful.

Today I have been told that there is in fact no blockage (the chap in pre-install said the construction team did in fact come out to fix this last week even though I challenged him on this as it is obvious no work was done, after which he simply stated the notes show wires need to be laid). The chap managed to change the date for laying wires from 4th April to 20th February. I asked him whether he could even do this as the construction team sort this out but was categorically told he could.

I now wait for a call from the construction team (03330005925) who are always out of office on meetings and are also the 'pre-enablement team' and a manager in the pre-install team.

I really have no faith I will receive a call back or the outside work will be completed on 20 February 2023. What in fact happened to 6-8 weeks to get a permit from the council lol.

I am gobsmacked as to how a company such as this can function with the amount of automatic compensation it must be paying out. I feel rather embarrassed for them and will be lodging a complaint once my service is eventually up and running.

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

So I have now been told there is no blockage as the construction team cleared this on 10 Feb. I challenged this and in the end the pre-install chap couldn't really give an answer (it is obvious no work has been done outside).

The chap booked the outside work (now just pulling wires) to be done by 20 Feb rather than the now (randomly) moved date of 4 April. I questioned if he could do this as the construction team seem keen to book their own dates but he unequivocally said yes. What happened to 6-8 weeks of permits?

The pre-enablement team, who are the same team who are always out of office when you ring (03330005925) should contact me as well as a manager from pre-install.

I really don't have confidence this is going to get done by 20 Feb.

Oh, the forum team here simply escalated my matter as a complaint for someone to call me back within 5 working days, lol! That is as helpful as a chocolate teapot imho.

Anyway, I simply do not understand how a company like this can function whilst giving out vast sums of automatic compensation. Horrible customer service.

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

So I have now been told there is no blockage as the construction team cleared this on 10 Feb. I challenged this and in the end the pre-install chap couldn't really give an answer (it is obvious no work has been done outside).

The chap booked the outside work (now just pulling wires) to be done by 20 Feb rather than the now (randomly) moved date of 4 April. I questioned if he could do this as the construction team seem keen to book their own dates but he unequivocally said yes. What happened to 6-8 weeks of permits?

The pre-enablement team, who are the same team who are always out of office when you ring (03330005925) should contact me as well as a manager from pre-install.

Oh, the forum team here simply escalated my matter as a complaint for someone to call me back within 5 working days, lol! That is as helpful as a chocolate teapot imho.

Anyway, I simply do not understand how a company like this can function whilst giving out vast sums of automatic compensation. Horrible customer service.

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

Edit: Wrong topic, apologies!

We are so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues @bakhshi84 and we can fully understand your frustrations. 

I can also see that you have been in a PM with my colleague who has, as you have stated raised a complaint for you with the install teams. If this was raised over 5 days ago and you have not heard back, please do pop back to the agent via the PM and they can chase this for you. 

Please also do you let us know how things are looking after the install of the 20th.