Menu
nayzee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation pushed back

Hello all,

I was scheduled for an installation for this Friday, I had booked it on the 10th December and that was the earliest I could get which wasn't ideal as I am working from home and have no broadband at my property. Yesterday I got a text message claiming to be from Virgin saying that my installation is on hold due to extra work required outside of my property. However no information about what work is required, when it is scheduled and when my installation is likely to take place. At a loss as to how to get more information from Virgin Media. I can't continue using 4G indefinitely.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation pushed back

You are unlikely to get any more information if it's a construction issue, as the new date won't even be allocated until the construction has taken place by outside contractors. Trying to get information from these outside contractors is worse than pulling teeth. 

This could mean you are looking at a delay of between 2 and 8 weeks. 

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@nayzee wrote:

<<snip>> I can't continue using 4G indefinitely.

If you can get reasonable 4G coverage then this may be a good option even for an extended (unknown) duration.
There are quite a number of reasonable unlimited mobile data deals out there if you don't already have one.
Some are even without contract or 1 month duration. If you're not paying for VM BB then you may not lose out.

0 Kudos
nayzee
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any recommendations? 3 are the only provider I know that do unlimited data but don't seem to have fantastic coverage.
0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lebara operate off the Vodafone network and have a deal at the moment of £14.97 for 3 months (half price).
No contract and no need to pass a credit check.

Smarty(3 network), VOXI(Vodafone network) and giffgaff(O2 network) also have more expensive no contact deals.

There are many more if you don't mind a 12 month contract.

0 Kudos
nayzee
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your reply was far more helpful than the response I got from whoever I spoke to at the pre installation call centre. Still no idea when the work will happen.
0 Kudos