Menu
tstodart
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation on hold?

Hi,

Signed up for Virgin broadband end of July with an installation date end of August. Got a call on the 8th August that the installation would be delayed. Not heard anything since. The order date in my  account is now NaN/NaN/NaN. Any ideas when I might hear anything - could it be months or never actually happen? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation on hold?

Hi tstodart,

Thank you for post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

When you were contacted were you advised why it was being delayed? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
tstodart
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think it was along the lines of 'the engineer has found a problem' but not much more. I probably should have asked questions a the time but, I guess I was expecting an email with more information or some estimate when something might happen.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us tstodart

Apologies for the delay with your installation, it could be a number of things why it has been delayed, the most common factor being a construction issue or a blockage of some sort.

Have you contacted us at recently? We can call our installations team who will be able to give you more information why your installation has been delayed and a possible date of when we will be able to install.

Please give us a call on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1 and we will gladly get this looked in to further for you.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
tstodart
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping that the installation team would keep my informed rather than me having to call them. I will give them another month to contact me before I cancel the contract.

0 Kudos
crany
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Just a bit extra for you, your entitled to £5 a day for every day they miss of your promissed start date you can look here for more info https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...