Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Installation on hold?

Hi,

Signed up for Virgin broadband end of July with an installation date end of August. Got a call on the 8th August that the installation would be delayed. Not heard anything since. The order date in my  account is now NaN/NaN/NaN. Any ideas when I might hear anything - could it be months or never actually happen? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation on hold?

Hi tstodart,

Thank you for post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

When you were contacted were you advised why it was being delayed? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think it was along the lines of 'the engineer has found a problem' but not much more. I probably should have asked questions a the time but, I guess I was expecting an email with more information or some estimate when something might happen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us tstodart

Apologies for the delay with your installation, it could be a number of things why it has been delayed, the most common factor being a construction issue or a blockage of some sort.

Have you contacted us at recently? We can call our installations team who will be able to give you more information why your installation has been delayed and a possible date of when we will be able to install.

Please give us a call on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1 and we will gladly get this looked in to further for you.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping that the installation team would keep my informed rather than me having to call them. I will give them another month to contact me before I cancel the contract.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Just a bit extra for you, your entitled to £5 a day for every day they miss of your promissed start date you can look here for more info https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Im in the same position tstodart. started the process of getting virgin end of November/beginning of December. Was all booked in for an installation on 19/12/19 and had arranged for someone to be at home for it, but got a very unhelpful call Friday night telling me my installation was on hold. Now i just have NaN/NaN/NaN in my order tracking and have had nothing since 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@crany wrote:
Hey Just a bit extra for you, your entitled to £5 a day for every day they miss of your promissed start date you can look here for more info https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

I will also add that compensation is dependant on the delay being the result of an already known issue at the time the installation was booked. Any consequential problems found, or delays as the result of third parties (eg. Local Authorities) getting involved do not come under the scheme.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation#installation 

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to update. I was called sometime late September/early October for an installation later in October. We agreed on the 25th. The guy turned up around 10am and found that the cable hadn't been pulled through and called the cable team and left. The cable team turned up and did their stuff over the next few hours and told me when to contact the installation guy again. He turned up pretty promptly after the cables were laid and the installation was done by late afternoon. A bit chaotic on the day but worked out in the end - lucky I can work from home.

I was hoping that my landline phone number would be transferred, but Virgin didn't do this automatically even though I had asked for this in the original application. The installer told me that this could only be done once the BT line was disconnected, but this was the wrong information. If you want to transfer the line you need to contact Virgin as soon as you have a connection so they can arrange the transfer before your other line is cut (they need two weeks). Virgin won't do this automatically even if you asked them to do it in the application. At least the new landline number has reduced the nuisance calls ;-).

I did get some compensation for the delay, so a couple of free months. The actual broadband speeds are good - I am happy with the service. But the communication during the set-up process is very poor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the timeframe update tstodart, hopefully mine isn't as drawn out as your experience was 😕 currently have no home internet so im hoping to be online sooner rather than later.

Gonna give them til Friday and then i will call them, will start looking at prospective broadband alternatives in the meantime.
0 Kudos