cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation on across shared ownership drive

Baz8755
On our wavelength

A gentleman from Virgin media was blocking my drive as he was doing some work outside my house, so I had a quick chat with him and he told me he was getting things ready for installations come and lay a cable for a neighbour to have Virgin Media.

The problem is that the tarmac they will be digging up is a shared ownership driveway that services myself and 2 other neighbours and we have responsibility for it's upkeep.

I would have thought the VM at the very least should have sought permission from all interested parties.

I am not concerned about having the work done but I am concerned as to the long term implications both with regards to the cosmetic aspects and access issues in the event of problems that develop as a result of the works. As I would assume any costs in remedying then will need to be meet by ourselves.

I do not wish to prevent the installation and therefore fall out with the neighbour but neither do I want any unwanted implications and costs as a result.

So I am seeking advice

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Virginmedia will not normally proceed with an installation across a shared drive, without a wayleave/permission from the joint owners. Something seems to have gone wrong in this case. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Baz8755
On our wavelength

That was my thinking too

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

In your position I'd have a friendly word with the neighbour and explain that he needs to get agreement from the co-owners in order to maintain a friendly relationship. 

The different contractors employed by VM to do the digging vary considerably in the quality of their making good afterwards. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.