cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation not possible behind TV

AndyRS500
Tuning in

Hi all,

Our engineer installed the Wi-Fi router, but he wouldn’t drill through the wall behind the wall mounted TV to connect the TV box.

he said virgin media health and safety prevented them from drilling near a TV bracket and I would have to drill the hole myself and then rebook another engineer, and even then I’d be lucky if they would drill and fit an internal wall box near the TV.

does this sound right? Sorry if this has already been posted. I’m new here and struggling to navigate all the questions.

Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Are you saying that your TV has no side HDMI port to connect the TV box?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I should’ve been clearer. He wouldn’t fit the coax splitter/wall box behind the tv to connect the set top box.

With the tv being wall mounted, I dont want any cables on show, running up/down the wall.

image.jpg

I took the tv off the wall to expose bracket, so it was simple enough to drill through. 

Hi AndyRS500,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I've had a look at things from our side and can see you've been able to get in touch, if you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

Yes I called up last night, and had an engineer here this evening!

The engineer was great and fitted it all with no dramas. I was particularly impressed with the call centre staff who called me back twice last night as my phone signal was rubbish.

TV is up and running and the wife has love island on. 🤣

We're glad to hear you've been able to get that sorted. 

^Martin