Menu
ALEXLONDON
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Installation not happening (again?)

Hi ,

My first order was in May 2020. It has been a nightmare as I canceled my previous broadband for virgin and I have been left without Internet for about 6/8 month. I've been lie to from day 1.

So I canceled my order.

A VM sale advisor knocked to my door and told me they are installing the cable finally outside (a year after well done Virgin, if only it was true)

First installations date the installer came I and ask me "where did they out the cable ?" So told him I have no clue as I am not even sure the cable is out. He went outside and told me nothing has been done (I wasn't expecting it to be done anyway) 

Now my installation date is today (45 min left and no one showed up yet) plus I received a text at 8am this morning saying that external work will be carried out (which hasn't happened as I haven't seen any changes outside)

I have been lied with customer service of course as they assured me that everything has been done and the installation will take place as scheduled. LOL

Can someone contact me to tell me what is going on ? I know the answer already:  contact customer service blablabla. No I want someone to contact directly as I have enough to run after Cs because they have no clue 

It has been now a year and they still haven't done the job so why are they keep saying they are doing it ? They just pretend ? What is the point ? 

0 Kudos
chaoshusky
Dialled in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation not happening (again?)

That must be extremely frustrating! But a key point is, have Virgin had any payments from you for services you don't even have installed? It could be safe to assume you don't have Virgin in your area yet if no work has been done and nobody else has Virgin. Do any of your neighbours have the service?

Kind regards,

Lee

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi ALEXLONDON,

I can certainly understand your annoyance, however members of the Forum Team don't have the necessary permissions to arrange callbacks.

They may be able to check this for you, but you would get much more detailed information from the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

I'm not sure if they work weekends.

In my locality  the techs and contractors work up to 8pm and most weekends, so there is still time (hopefully) for them to still progress this today?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
ALEXLONDON
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the number, I called them and apparently coming between 18h30 and 19h30...

But again no communication that they were delayed,  I mean they can't just give a call to say that they are running late ? 

And as I don't trust them I'm probably gonna be waiting for nothing which will make me very mad 

Wait and see, full of surprises VM as expected 😤

0 Kudos
ALEXLONDON
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No I didn't pay anything yet, I would have been to court already if that was the case

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Digging and running cables is dependent on local authorities granting permissions. That and it costs Virgin £10’s of thousands to dig roads and pathways for properties. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ALEXLONDON
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yeah and ?

It is not my problem how much it cost them to take the cable,  if you become a customer and they tell you they can install it and at they end they don't this is false advertisement 

They told me permit was granted for my property and work has been done. But again they say whatever they want even if it is a lie 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

OK. So you can either persist or cancel your order.

No one has made you wait this long - you could have cancelled it long ago. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ALEXLONDON
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I canceled month ago and they came in my property telling me they installed the cable so I get back in as they are the only supplier that can get me a "normal speed broadband"

If there was another supplier I wouldn't be here for sure 

0 Kudos
ALEXLONDON
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So as expected there is no cable, this is just a joke 

0 Kudos