cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation not done - appointments have disappeared

Stu21
Joining in

Hi,

I wonder if the Forum Team can help with this, please?

I ordered broadband at the start of January and was given an engineer visit date of 31st January.

This was then rearranged as additional outside work was required. I was given a new date of 19th February for the rescheduled engineer visit.

I contacted Customer Services to clarify the status and was told that two bits of external work were needed. Firstly, as the local council had tarmac-ed over the cable access point in the pavement, this would need to be reinstated. Secondly the cable would then need to be fed through to my house and an external box installed. I was assured this should happen before 19th.

At this point the "Orders and Appointments" section of my account showed both engineer visit and pre-install appointments as scheduled. 

Tuesday or Wednesday last week, the work was carried out to reinstate the access point. On Friday a team of two turned up outside (presumably to do the cable / box install), stayed for 10 minutes and then left. They then returned about an hour later but, before I could speak to them left again. No work was done.

On Saturday morning Virgin rang me and asked if the Engineer could come earlier than planned. I agreed and he arrived only to tell me that he couldn't do the work as he noticed that the cable and box had not been fitted!

The engineer was very helpful and apologetic but said he could find no information relating to what had happened. He said he would "flag it up".

Now when I check my account there are no appointments scheduled and it looks as though the "system" thinks the installation is complete! Charges for a partial month dated 19th February have also appear for the first time under the "Upcoming charges" section.

I'd be very grateful if someone could take a look for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stu21,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message in regards to your ongoing install issue. Thank you for updating me on how you got on at the appointment and that your services are now installed in full! 🙂 

Glad that you're now up and running! Please reach out to us again if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help! 🙂

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Stu21
Joining in

Looks like I was right about the "system" thinking my installation is complete! Just had an email from Virgin wanting to help me get the best out of my new kit.... Installing it would be a good start! 

Stu21
Joining in

Just had a 40 minute, very painful phone call with Customer Services, then the Pre-Install Team trying to explain the situation to them and getting nowhere!

Customer Services wanted to arrange an engineer but after I had explained several times that the Engineer had been on Saturday and couldn't do the install because the external cabling had not been done, they finally transferred me to the Pre-Install Team.

I then tried explaining to the Pre-Install Team that I have no installed broadband but they insisted that I have an active account and they can't help. As the "system" clearly thinks I'm up and running, it must be a fault!!! So they attempted to transfer me to the Fault Team - and cut me off!

I would be really grateful if one of the Forum Team could pick this up. I don't think it's actually a complicated issue - the cable pull / external box needs fitting and then an engineer visit can be rearranged. The work to reinstate the access point is sorted and a blue rope is there ready for the cable pull.

Oh and the billing needs to be suspended before I start getting charged for a service I don't yet have.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stu21,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having ongoing issues with your Install! I understand that this must be very frustrating, and not the service that we want to provide. Apologies that this post was not picked up sooner, I'll be more than happy to look into this further and see what I can do to help.

We may need to get in touch with the Area Manager to see what is causing this delay.

I will send you a Private Message to discuss this further. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stu21,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message in regards to your ongoing install issue. Thank you for updating me on how you got on at the appointment and that your services are now installed in full! 🙂 

Glad that you're now up and running! Please reach out to us again if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help! 🙂

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team