cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation nightmare

Coldcut76
Tuning in

After being given a install date of 12th January 2022, I was contacted on the 7th to be told the date has been changed to the 15th of February as some more work needed to be carried out ie a cable. So i called to inform the pre-install team that it is not needed as the cables are already there as my neighbour had his installation done the previous weekend & he showed the engineer that i was waiting for mine to be installed & said to him it was a shame they both couldn’t be done at the same time & he agreed & also confirmed that all the cabling was there ! After a conversation they agreed to send a engineer out to me who i met outside my flat & showed him where it was being installed & he checked everything & confirmed that everything that was needed was there so i rung again 24hrs later to ask if my install date could be moved & got a new date of the 26th of January & then today got a call to say exactly what i was told before. Really annoying to know that it can be installed & they are going to waste time installing a cable that isn’t needed

6 REPLIES 6

MrPickle
Tuning in

I'm interested in this as our neighbour has VM installed and there is actually a cable drawn from their box that goes over to our property. We've been told to wait on a out of hours work permit for the contractor... So I am guessing they are looking to dig the pavement up to get to ours separately.

We've been waiting since the 4 Jan (latest missed appointment 22 Jan). 

Good luck Mr Pickle I’m on the verge of cancelling the whole thing ! It’s like talking to a brick wall i was even lied to on the phone when i asked them to check a address that was right above where i live to see him f they could get virgin media services & was told no & after checking whilst on the phone to this person i told her according to your service checker you can & was answered with oh & I just told them that you didn’t really check did you ? Absolutely pathetic waste of time 

FD7FC043-8E11-4D19-9DAD-BBD6C6FA2473.jpeg

this is the property that according to the person on the end of the phone can’t get virgin media services 😳 oh hang on you can also install it yourself 😂 absolute joke

VM are useless, bunch of liars and time wasters. If I was you I’d cancel now 

Well said, this is so accurate 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Coldcut76, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with a delayed install. 

If the teams have been out to check things and have needed to put the installation on hold then this would mean either cables are missing or the cable already pulled through is not good enough. 

We can get a complaint on this raised and passed over to the Installs team for you but in order to do that, I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs