cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation: late install & damaged wall

Bibi6
Tuning in

Hi VM community,

VM just installed my broadband today, 10 days later than my original installation date. Is is possible to get the compensation for the delayed? If yes, how can I claim it?

The installer was super kind, but during the installation he damaged the wall outside while he drilled the hole. He said he doesn't have anything in his van to fix it, but can come back later to fill it with silicone. I don't believe it's a a good and acceptable solution to fill the hole on a red brick wall with white silicone. Any recommendation? Or they will never come back to me and better if I deal with it.

And when he left he didn't provide any document to sign. Is this normal?

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 17.03.33.png

27 REPLIES 27

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bibi6

Good evening and thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome with this being your first post!

Sorry to hear about your issue here, let me drop you a private message to collect some more information so we can look at having this resolved for you. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I haven't really received any helpful updates via private message. The only question I got is to identify myself, and haven't received any messages since I answered.

Still no answer from VM! 

VM messaged me back today. 

Damaged wall update: I talked to Virgin Media and what they can do is to fill the small gap near the cable with brown silicone and cover the damaged brick with a brown plastic external cable cover plate. This work can be booked within 4-5 working days. I believe this job belongs to a contractor as it won't show up in my account. It's booked to the 19th October so I'll send updates what happened and if it was successful.

Delayed install compensation update: In theory I'll receive compensation, but I'll only see it after my first bill is generated. So I'll send updates after I got my bill and let the community know if I received the compensation.

Hey Bibi6, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

I can also see you have been in PM with my colleague, please do feel free reach to out about this anytime you want to him. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Damaged wall update: The damaged wall repair supposed to happen today. I messaged them twice, got no answer so decided to give a call. I got the information that the repair work won't go ahead (as one of the colleagues got covid). It's rescheduled to the 24th October.
But if I didn't chase them I don't receive any updates. This job belongs to a contractor, so it will never show up in my viring media account.
Let's see if they'll turn up or I need to chase them again.

Delayed install compensation update: I have not received any bills yet. But in theory my next bill should be £0 and the bill after the next one should be less than it would be normally. Let's see if it will happen or I have to fight for it as well.

Hi Bibi6, 

Thanks for continuing to update us on this journey, I am sorry the first visit had to be rescheduled. Please let us know how the visit goes on the 24th. 

As for your billing aspect, if there are any issues with this we can help to correct them if needed, just let us know whether it's all okay or not!

We look forward to hearing about your next update 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan_L,

Thanks for reaching out! The installation is already done. I contacted to the 3rd party contractor, who is responsible for the external installs and repairs. They said they will come on Monday and fix the damaged brick wall outside. This time I received a text message that my appointment is scheduled to Monday. I have to answer KEEP or CHANGE. But I don't know why I received this messaged as the 3rd party company said they won't provide an appointment via sms or myVirgin account. @Megan_L any advice on this? Thanks!