cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation lack of communication

Brooksy1117
Joining in

Hi,

So signed up as a new customer a few weeks back, with an installation date for 07/05/22. Our contract came through, confirmed the date and that we'd be billed from then.

We had a pre installation check carried out on 18/04/22, during which the engineer said that it was an easy and quick job with no complications.

Waited in all day on 07/05/22 and no-one arrived. I called, explained, and I was told that it's just the pre-installation check being done. After telling customer service that it had been done, they put me on hold and then said that it was actually pre installation turning up. They confirmed, multiple times, that they were definitely arriving by 7pm and they never did.

Still haven't heard anything since, obviously my current broadband is about to expire so that's fun.

To make matters worse, my account basically says I have two appointments, the first is always today's date (has been every day since we signed up) and the second is a NaN message.

Everyone I've spoken too say they can't help me.

What do I do now? They're not letting me cancel but this is beyond a joke, I'm a website developer who's about to lose all access to the internet and no-one is telling me anything. Is my best option to pursue cancellation? This has genuinely been the worst professional customer service I've ever witnessed 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Oh dear NaN.... usually means there is a connection issue that requires some work (street digging). A VM person needs to comment

If that turns out to be the case for you... see this......

The current VM installation process is badly managed when things aren’t straightforward and cable re-pulls are needed. So dont bother chasing it. Just let the installation play out. Do nothing. You will pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is actually installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it after those 14 days

In the meantime, can you connect to OR, Sky, BT etc - or to a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three have a 30day 4G unlimited package for ~£20. If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. As said, you will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

FYI - Re. VM’s recent installation issues - see John’s excellent précis of the situation in message 18 here…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hiya,

Thanks for your fast reply. The engineer that came around said that there wouldn't be digging involved, apparently they can use an existing BT conduit? (I only vaguely know what that means). He seemed adamant that it was a small job of running a cable and drilling a hole in the wall.

We're on a property managed estate so digging up the street isn't something we have permission for (or could get permission for). How do I get it in writing that I was told that it wasn't necessary, in case they just magically appear and destroy the place?

Many thanks again

Hi @Brooksy1117,

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear about the lack of communication with your installation.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

I have had a look at our system and I can see you have recently been in contact with our team regarding this. Has the issue been resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs