cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation keeps getting delayed

Gillemike
Joining in

We recently moved home and were assured by Virgin that we would be able to get TV and broadband installed at our new address.

But it's been a nightmare.  We've been there 3 weeks and although an engineer came on the promised date, he couldn't do anything because the external works hadn't been carried out.  Some problem getting the cable through...?

We were given another installation date - but external works still not done - so it's been postponed again. And again!

Customer Services are useless, I get passed from pillar to post and no one can explain why it keeps getting postponed.

And meanwhile, we have no TV, no broadband and unfortunately are even struggling with mobile connection.  My son has just started uni, and is meant to be working online at least once a week...

I've emailed Complaints but that can take up to 28 days for a response.  It's not possible to actually speak to anyone.

And what concerns me most is will the installation keep getting postponed?  Virgin cannot offer any guarantees and I have totally lost faith in them.

Has anyone any suggestions how I can get Virgin to stick to their promised installation date?  Or do I just change to Sky who can install before the end of the month?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gillemike, I am sorry to hear about the installation issues which you are having, I will send you a private message so that we can get some details and pass this over to the install complaints team. - Chris

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I would recommend this.

Can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract?

If so do it now. Let the VM install run its course. When it finally happens you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other provider - or if its a Sky 18 monther - keep that and in 19=8 months you can sign up to VM and know there is a working connections - and be eligible for the new customer package 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gillemike, I am sorry to hear about the installation issues which you are having, I will send you a private message so that we can get some details and pass this over to the install complaints team. - Chris

Thanks