cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issues

Rebeccah510
Joining in

I got the QuickStart installation pack delivered yesterday and have since been on the phone to Virgin 4 times to try to resolve my issue.
I have moved house and the previous occupants had virgin. 

All wires and cables are in fully and the system has been reset numerous times yet the light still goes to solid red after 5 minutes of a white flashing light. 

I have been told different things on the phone, from it being activated by 7pm, within 24 hours and “some time”. To say we are fed up is an understatement! 

is there anything else I can try?? 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rebeccah510 

The equipment is usually pre-activated, did you call the Activation number 0800 953 9500 to activate the hub?

If not please try that and have your account and area number handy, and the hub serial number.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello, 

thanks for the reply. Yes we have phoned that number 4 times now and it’s still not sorted 

Hi @Rebeccah510, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the install.
I have had a look and I can see that there is an appointment booked for the near future.
Let us know how it goes with the engineer and we can follow up from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs