cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issues

Kieran1k
Joining in

Hi all, 

Im seeing this all over this website, and I have had the same issue today as so other many people. 

The preinstallation team never did the pre install work near my property and instead just left a mark where it would be installed, I had to confirm they was okay to do the work but they never did, now as this is on a high street I can kind of understand. But today they turned up and told me they wouldn’t be able to carry out the pre install as the street was too busy. Again which I understand, but why is this never done out of hours? Why are they leaving it to the day it’s supposed to be installed for them to say no. 

I have phoned the pre install service but they have 0 idea what is going on. I haven’t received another date as yet so is there anybody who can help?

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See my recent comment on the same issue in message 2

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Disgusted-not-installed-delays/td-p/50821...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kieran1k
Joining in

Possibly the worst customer service I have ever been given, I have been on hold for over an hour at this point. 

Still waiting

Can anybody help?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Kieran1k, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry about the experience you have received.

I am sorry the long delay in getting back to you unfortunately  this channel isn't a instant response channel.

I can see you have speaking to our team however I am going to send you a PM, so we can discuss this in more details.

Please can you look out for the purple envelope.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I’ve cancelled it mate, gone with 5g broadband and seeing unreal speeds for 10 pound a month. 

Thank you though.