cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issues

Gav123
Joining in

I’ve recently taken out a new Virgin subscription for Broadband,Tv and Phone on the 10th November. The original installation date was on the 25th of November, which was delayed until the 2nd of December. I made a phone call to virgin, and was informed that this had been delayed as the install required two people. On 2nd of December I received a text 1 hour before the scheduled time slot advising additional work needed to be done. I had taken time off work for the installation, and being told via text one hour before caused this day to be wasted. I called again, and was passed around various departments and given a number of excuses even though my new build developer already has virgin boxes installed on each property with cables ready to be pulled. My new install date was then set for 3 weeks later on the 21st of December, and no surprise, the date had been cancelled one day before, with no reason given and no new install date. This is ridiculous as I’ve had no services since moving to the property. How long do I need to wait or be given a reason before I can actually decide on my next steps? I can’t believe Virgin can’t explain what the issues are so I can move on to contact other providers who could set up in a matter of a week. At this rate It could take Virgin years to understand what issues they have with my installation. I have been without internet for over a month extra than anticipated, and still have no clear resolution in sight. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you have any other options?

If you do, do NOT go with Virgin Media.

Unless you enjoy being lied to (again and again and again...)

Unless you don't mind taking days off work for appointments that they will cancel at the last minute, or even after the time of the appointment.

Unless you like being hung up on by customer service.

Seriously, avoid this joke of a company and your life will be much better 🙂

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gav123,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having trying to get your services installed, I would be able to look into this and get some advise from the team to advise you of more detail about the install and why it has been delayed numerous times, we can also get a complaint raised for you and pass this to the install team to be investigated. To do this, we would need to take a few details via private message, I will drop a message over, please look out for it and we can gets started looking into this for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming that Gav123, I have raised a complaint about your issues and this has sent to the installation team to investigate, the reference for your complaint is C-221222141.

The team will be in touch with you as soon as possible. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Do you have any other options?

If you do, do NOT go with Virgin Media.

Unless you enjoy being lied to (again and again and again...)

Unless you don't mind taking days off work for appointments that they will cancel at the last minute, or even after the time of the appointment.

Unless you like being hung up on by customer service.

Seriously, avoid this joke of a company and your life will be much better 🙂